Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Job Requisition Number: 104276
Category: Security - Administration
Primary Location: Chantilly, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Local
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Provide adjudicative support services at the full performance level. Cases will vary in the total tasks, time and effort required to provide well-reasoned formal written document for the government to make a final adjudication decision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide a diverse range of adjudicative functions. The below reflects some of the daily activities and support:
- Review case files to determine what additional security processing, if any, needs to be performed
- Create written products documenting case processing
- Review the results of all security processing to glean necessary facts and data relevant to the final recommendation
- Interview the subject in person, by telephone, or through written correspondence to elicit clarifying information as needed
- Discuss with the Senior Case Manager (SCM), Expert Adjudicators, Adjudications Board members, Polygraph Customers, and others as needed to resolve information discrepancies or gaps
- Analyze the information and indicate a nexus between the behavior of the subject and the ICD 704 issues sufficient to support a final recommendation
- Provide final written recommendation to permit the Sponsor to make an informed, independent decision to grant, disapprove or revoke a security clearance or approval
- Make oral presentations to SCMs, Program Managers, Adjudication Boards and/or other senior officials as required
- Return cases that may give rise to an actual or potential conflict of interest
- Manage case load effectively to meet required productivity standards
- Attend meetings required for all adjudicative personnel and mandatory training courses
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires a minimum of 3 years adjudicative experience at the federal level
- Requires ICD 704 training and certification
- Must possess the following: demonstrated analytical ability and the ability to handle a large, complex workload; a high level of integrity and ability to discreetly handle sensitive, personal and classified case information; excellent writing skills; strong organizational skills and good judgment; ability to operate various automated systems for case tracking and status reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of the federal rules and regulations that encompass the clearance process
- Demonstrated ability to produce analytic documents that require minimal editing using software tools (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge and ability to use standard office equipment (e.g., computers, facsimile machines, printers, scanners, reproduction machines, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple task assignments to meet deadlines
- Ability and skill to elicit information during an interview with minimal direction and work effectively with a variety of individuals
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.