Job Requisition Number: 103668
Category: Marketing - Analyst
Primary Location: Washington, DC, US
Security Clearance: NACI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is a junior to mid-level analyst with experience in business process reengineering.
- Meet with subject matter experts within the organization to gather process information
- Analyze and document organizational processes
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Design and document new processes and obtain organizational feedback
- Communicate process flows to staff
- Conduct any training needed to implement "To-Be" processes
- Conduct best practice research
The position supports the Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Office of Railroad Policy and Development (RPD), Business Operations Division (RPD-1) and the Office of Railroad Safety (RRS), Program Division (PD), provides a wide array of operational support functions to include:
- Financial, acquisition and personnel management
- Logistics, supplies, equipment and business operations
- Strategic communications
- Administrative support
- Strategic Planning
RPD-1 is responsible for providing day-to-day business operations and support activities for three major RPD offices (Office of Program Deliver (RPD-10), Office of Policy & Planning (RPD-20) and Office of Research, Development & Technology (RPD-30)), consisting of 85 civilian federal staff and contractors located at the headquarters complex and field locations.
RPD-1 currently has a total force structure of 5 federal civilians and 9 contractors to support all RPD Business Operations functional areas.
RRS-PD is responsible for providing day-to-day business operations and support activities for three major RRS offices (Office of Technical Oversight, Office of Regional Operations and Office of Safety Analysis, consisting of 154 civilian federal staff and contractors located at the headquarters complex and field locations.
RRS-PD currently has a total force structure of 10 federal civilians and 7 contractors to support all RRS Business Operations functional areas.
Critical constraints are currently identified with the effectiveness and efficiency of all functional areas. These constraints have a direct impact to the management and operational support services provided that contributes to RPD and RRS ability to achieve its programmatic responsibilities. A recent increase in program office population further constrains business operations as little or no requisite increase in support population has occurred.
To fully identify all the constraints, address critical areas, develop a remedy for all functional areas and sustain improvements, RPD and RRS requires and requests a Business Process Reengineering (BPR) study of Business Operations functional areas be procured and conducted. All functional areas to be studied to include:
- Includes a comprehensive look at our "as-is" of all business operations functional areas both separately (RPD and RRS) and then a comparative review.
- Analysis of current workload, skills/competencies and workforce.
- Results will reveal the "should-be" state and opportunity for redesign of core business processes to achieve improvements in productivity..
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in conducting Lean Six Sigma or process improvement analysis
- Ability to gather information to formulate "As-Is" and "To-Be" process maps
- 4+ years of consulting or analytic experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Articulate, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the management of several tasks simultaneously, while paying attention to detail and quality
- Master's Degree
- FRA experience
-Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma certification
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.