Job Requisition Number: 103536
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Sterling, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
BIT Systems, A CACI Company is looking for top talent to join our elite team as part of the National and Cyber Solutions group. At BITs we work hard and play even harder. We are focused on the ever-evolving support of our Government customers in mission-critical situations. In the role as a Linux Systems Administrator, you would be responsible for the Development and Integration of a large complex near-real-time processing system. The Linux Systems Administrator will be part of a team that administers a Linux-based environment supporting multiple programs. The individual will be responsible for a maintaining and enhancing Spacewalk instances to provision both development and deliverable hardware.
BIT Systems Inc., a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. Our operational team excels at signal collection, processing and analysis. We have operational personnel stationed around the world in support of our customers' missions.
National and Cyber Solutions Group (NCS) is one of the leading providers of innovative, rapid response solutions for intelligence, cyber security, and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) across the Defense, Intelligence, and Homeland Security communities. NCS delivers the full spectrum of intelligence support, from strategic thought leadership to tactical operational support to leading edge cyber and multi-INT technologies - in order to meet the intelligence community's most pressing mission needs.
The NCS Business Group spans five core mission areas, enabling us to specifically tailor services and solutions to meet our nation's most pressing national security objectives: Cyber Intelligence Solutions, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Development, Radio Frequency (RF) Solutions, Mission Application Development, and Geolocation Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Linux support to software developers and system engineers on both development and delivered production systems. Provide phone support to deployed engineers for troubleshooting.
- Manage, maintain, and enhance the Spacewalk instances to provision servers and workstations for multiple programs' development and delivery.
- Use configuration management tools to control Spacewalk files and ensure consistency across multiple networks
- Incorporate vendor updates and errata into off-line RPM repositories.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, switches, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Perform security monitoring/system scans to facilitate system hardening.
- Perform performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Responsibilities occasionally require working evenings or weekends.
- Red Hat or CentOS administration and troubleshooting
- Maintaining and developing Spacewalk/Satellite
- System configuration with Puppet and/or Cobbler
- Linux scripting (bash, python, perl, etc.)
- Configuration management with Subversion or similar
- Functional knowledge of security requirements for classified environments
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience (BS degree in Computer Science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or four (4) years equivalent experience. Equivalent military training and experience in an information technology field is acceptable.)
- Experience with VMWare ESXi/vCenter or similar
- Experience with Cisco switches/firewalls/routers
- Knowledge of packaging custom RPMs
- Certifications for DoD 8570.1 compliance
BIT-Systems, A CACI Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.