Job Requisition Number: 101673
Category: Information Systems - Programming
Primary Location: Sterling, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
BIT Systems Inc., a Six3 Systems (Six3) company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. Our operational team excels at signal collection, processing and analysis. We have operational personnel stationed around the world in support of our customers' missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- BIT Systems is looking for Software Engineers with a background in full life-cycle software development of Java based enterprise systems.
- The candidate will design and implement software solutions for programs supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions.
- Support existing applications as well as develop new solutions for expanding customer base.
- Work with a product development team to develop concepts, identify creative solutions to customer requirements and assess feasibility of these solutions.
- Serve as a high level independent contributor with potential for team lead opportunities.
- Attend regular meetings to report status, plan and coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes.
- Develop Java based solutions for infrastructure, messaging and web applications.
- Perform software design, development, integration and maintenance.
- Develop robust object-oriented designs.
- Document software designs using Visio or a similar product.
- Write and maintain unit tests within existing frameworks.
- Plan for and perform configuration and integration of open source/COTS products.
- Design user interfaces, communication interfaces, and security interfaces.
- Utilize industry proven design patterns and open source tools.
- 8+ years of experience with full life-cycle software development (analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance).
- Java programming experience in a Unix/Linux environment is required.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Java-based third-party software components/libraries (Hibernate, Spring, Apache Commons, Quartz Scheduler, etc.)
- Experience with the design and development of Object Oriented systems
- Experience with continuous integration and software CM processes / tools (Subversion, GIT, JENKINS/HUDSON, JUNIT, EMMA, COBERTURA)
- Experience with distributed messaging, message broker and message routing / data transport solutions is preferred
- Experience with web application design and development is preferred
- Experience with web services is preferred
- Experience with Database Design, SQL, and NoSQL DBMS Query Languages is desired
- Experience creating UML Diagrams and Technical Documentation
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Java (required)
- Python (preferred)
- JMS (preferred)
- Tomcat, Apache Web Server (preferred)
- Camel (preferred)
- Hibernate, Spring and SQL (preferred)
- OpenLayers (desired)
- GWT (desired)
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills
- Capability to articulate design concepts and technology benefits
- Ability to complete tasks and meet requirements
- Ability to serve as member of a technical team, providing guidance to junior members and receiving instruction from more senior members
- Bachelor's degree required. Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science majors encouraged
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.