Job Requisition Number: 103543
Primary Location: Sterling, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
BIT Systems Inc., a Six3 Systems (Six3) company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. Our operational team excels at signal collection, processing and analysis. We have operational personnel stationed around the world in support of our customers' missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- BIT Systems is looking for a Network Engineer to design, document, implement and maintain our factory lab and deployment network infrastructures.
- Serve in an engineering position on a team tasked with building, deploying and supporting SIGINT systems for programs sponsored by the IC and DoD communities.
- Provide engineering, administering, maintaining and troubleshooting services for factory and deployed network systems.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot hardware devices (Cisco firewall/switches) and software supporting secure network communications; ensure uptime and optimal performance of factory development and deployed network communications and devices; and provide support for deployed systems as needed.
- Provide support with the construction of systems to include racking Linux servers and configuring system hardware and infrastructure for factory systems staged for deployment.
- Provide architectural, engineering and hands-on development, configuration and deployment of system components.
- Install, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Ensure the stability and integrity of network services.
- Isolate and resolve operational problems encountered within the environment.
- Evaluate and recommend network hardware/software and provide recommendations on approaches and technologies used in the system.
- Recommend network security and policies.
- Support and coordinate with the security Point of Contact on all DOD and DISA requirements.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the factory infrastructure for the program networks.
- Responsibilities may occasionally require working evenings or weekends.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience.
- 10+ years of LAN/WAN computer networking experience
- 8+ years of network engineering experience including administering, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco firewalls/routers/switches, Linux and VM systems
- Solid understanding of Internet protocols to include TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, NTP, SSL, and SSH
- Experience with SNMP, VPN, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Ability to work effectively in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with the design and implementation of networks and network security measures
- Experience with network monitoring and management
- Experience writing operating procedures and creating network diagrams using Visio or a similar product
- Knowledge and implementation of standard CM practices
- Experience applying industry best practices to ensure system performance, reliability, scalability and security
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to complete projects and meet end user requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
- Experience with SATCOM systems and configurations is preferred
- Experience working with Classified networks is preferred
- Experience working in NRO or DIA environments preferred
- CISCO Networking Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of installing and configuring Enterprise REDHAT Servers and Workstations is desired
- Ability to travel, if needed
BIT-Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.