Job Requisition Number: 86253
Category: Information Systems - Programming
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Local
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Positions identify and develop project requirements, formulate project concepts and ideas, assemble information, organize data, and coordinate production schedules. Depending upon assignment, positions produce a wide range of electronic publication products for information system and public Website on the Internet; support Web site design and development, hardcopy and electronic publishing, CD-ROM/DVD production, and multimedia presentation services for internal customers as well as for the Community and Federal Government. Work includes utilizing web development (i.e. Cold Fusion, Java) software applications to perform basic web development programming, performing digital video conversions, graphic manipulation and conversions, and source document conversions.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Produces electronic products in a team environment. Assesses the scope and complexity of the project; refers work to appropriate staff. Communicates with technical staff, shares technical information and provides guidance as appropriate. Converts current files for posting on networks. Produces and replicates CD-ROM/DVDs. Performs editing and proofreading on a variety of electronic products. Develops Websites, creates images, scans information, and formats documents for both hardcopy and electronic output. Uses current publishing software to provide Web site design and development support. Manipulates files into different formats. Performs control checks and determines proper distribution of product. Provides review for quality control on products, including enforcement of customer standards for corporate appearance of product or web page, and use of metadata standards.
2. Performs project-planning activities, and coordinate with customers to plan projects. Works closely with planners, assesses work order parameters, prioritizes assignments, initiates production, and determines project outcomes and deadlines. Transfer data, when necessary, via portable media to production servers, adhering to customer INFOSEC standards. Collects usage and dissemination statistics to generate monthly reports for senior-level managers. Assess complexity of softcopy/hardcopy job (I.e. number of pages, graphics, text boxes, pull quotes, footnotes, index, table of contents, running heads and feet, Classification, number of preliminary pages) and provide time-based estimate for completion. Provides information and technical guidance to customers on electronic publication services. Seeks and monitors customer feedback and responds to customer needs and inquiries.
3. Identifies process improvements for services and products. Monitors projects to ensure production problems and issues are addressed. Assists with the development and preparation of work process trend reports and presentations. Participates in the development of new administrative or production processes or procedures. Keeps abreast of industry innovations; and evaluates new software, hardware and video/audio production equipment. Solves basic technical problems by debugging workstations, performing basic equipment preventative maintenance and troubleshooting. Implements approved publishing processes, incorporating new tools. Coordinates with CIO in tool development to meet customer needs.
4. May function as team lead/mentor to assigned contractor staff. Trains product providers on how to use authoring templates, comply with CAPCO standards, and reach their desired audiences via the various publishing networks. Assists with the overssight of the day-to-day operations of the work unit by monitoring and adjusting workflows and processes as needed. Trains new staff members on how to conduct the quality control process. Trains new electronic publishing contractors on the processes and tools used in the DI for converting, preparing and publishing products to the various networks. Provides input into the formal evaluation process.
5. Performs Quality Control functions as required. Ensures production integrity and provides quality control by reviewing products for proper Classification and controls, appropriate metadata, and dissemination selections and adhering to established guidelines and standards. Performs editing/proofreading on a variety of electronic products, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Performs quality control check and determines proper distribution of all assigned products and outputs. Based on assignment, reviews and enforces DI Standards for corporate appearance of product or web page, recognizing and correcting data errors. Based on assignment, ensures Classification markings are CAPCO compliant and that the product's Classification is consistent with its sources. Prepares product text for write-down to lower-level networks by redacting and/or re-writing source descriptions. Based on assignment, reviews the Director's finished websites to ensure products are correctly published.
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience with Web technology, CD-ROMs, multimedia, composition, publications manuals, Web page template generation, and authoring procedural documentation.
Education: Associates degree in graphic arts, Web design, content, or information management, or a closely related field, with applicable substitutions for education on a year-for-year basis.
The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Considerable knowledge of electronic publications and design business environments, to include specific knowledge of the most current technologies in the electronic and Web publishing environments.
- Considerable knowledge of Web functionality, hosting, maintenance, browsers, formats (HTML, XML, SGML), and graphics on current platforms (UNIX, NT, Macintosh, customer specific operating system).
- Considerable knowledge of typography, proofreading, document formatting, desktop publishing, Internet and IC intranet networks, page layout and design, publication styles.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to conduct minor troubleshooting on multiple computer systems/networks.
- Considerable knowledge of graphic conversion techniques and methodology.
- Considerable knowledge of various software packages for production of a variety of products.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of the records management Classification system.
- Ability to adhere to policies and guidance set forth by the Office of Security as they pertain to the handling of data on networks and portable media, and the posting of information to the customer, Community, and public networks.
- Ability to program basic Websites based on identified requirements using current scripting/programming languages.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and design basic database constructs.
- Ability to maintain currency with technology and industry best practices.
- Ability to operate CD replication equipment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a rapidly changing team environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills suitable to providing product demonstrations and interaction with customers.
- Ability to mentor junior employees and apprentices on software and production capabilities for producing electronic publication products.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.