Responsible for preparation of high voltage (69-500kV) Substation construction documents. Experienced in either/both microprocessor based protection and control systems or layout of substations. Provide short term field support during construction.
Assignments may include:
* Design substations utilizing client standards including bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and details, grounding, ground grid, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC and DC power systems, and cable lists.
* Prepare calculations and equipment specifications.
* Prepare new and modify existing relay drawings including relay panel arrangements, single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring.
* Assess feasibility or soundness of proposed applications when data is insufficient or testing is advisable.
* Coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments.
* Regularly meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel.
* Some marketing responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
* 0-2 years of experience.
* Experience in setting microprocessor based relays is a plus.
* Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA strongly preferred.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Completion of FE exam strongly preferred.
* Previous internship and/or related consulting or power system design experience preferred.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.