Serve as a local focal point in BP's relationships with key suppliers executing major contracts. Ensure that contract execution is aligned with BP's contracting strategy, and the specific third-party supplier contract terms and conditions. Assures that all major contracts have been controlled using the proper techniques and standard methodologies such as project execution plans, cost control, scheduling, management of change, quality plan, risk management, contracting and procurement strategies.
It is expected that the successful candidate will reside in the Wyoming area in the vicinity of BP's field office located in Wamsutter, Wyoming. BP's employees working out of the Wamsutter Operation Center typically choose to live in Rock Springs or Rawlins, Wyoming. If the individual elects to reside in Rock Springs, BP will provide a Company-owned vehicle shared with another BP employee. Use of the shared vehicle is restricted for use in commuting to / from the Wamsutter work location and the conduct of BP's day-to-day business responsibilities requiring transportation.
| ||- Participate in the definition of contracting strategy|
- Prepare and distribute contract briefs which include a summary of key contract terms and conditions
- Verify that invoices from suppliers align with terms and conditions of contract
- Help to design SPU-wide process and policy improvements to prevent these root causes from recurring
- Follow up on the contract execution budget by making recommendations on optimizations and highlighting any deviations from the budget
- Plan and lead the contract performance review process and development of specific objectives
- Ensure that project performance work is completed to the highest professional and ethical standards, in an efficient and cost effective manner, and in accordance with BP's PSCM common process guidelines, policies & procedures and BP's code of conduct
- Help SPM champion develop, measure and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and understand supplier performance
- Ensure that improvement processes are implemented, current best practices are adequately documented, and support SPM champion in ensuring KPIs are properly actioned
- Assist in management of change and anticipate to any changes during contract execution
- Ensure standardization, technical optimization, value delivery, continuous process improvement
- Follow day-to-day contract performance and drive contract execution process
- Help to ensure health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) requirements are met during contract execution
- Identify contract users and establish control mechanisms
- Educate contract users on contract terms and establish controls
- Ensure proper filing of information to allow audit when required and coordinate any audit reviews
- Administer contracts against defined performance goals
| ||To be considered for the role of Procurement & SCM Contract Administrator, applicants must meet the following criteria and qualifications:|
- Experience in strategic sourcing and contracting activities (administration, project control, procurement and contract management)
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Minimum of a University degree (Four year / Bachelor's degree)
| ||- Engineer or business professional with expertise in the administration of supply chain contracts|
- Five to ten years experience in oil & gas industry; general knowledge in Business Unit context
- Excellent financial skills, negotiation experience, process implementation skills, cost management and contract experience
- Proactive, committed, and innovative individual with demonstrated management capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Capable of developing internal and external relationships to share project execution experiences and incorporate lessons learned
- Possesses skills to assertively offer recommendations and solutions to everyday contract execution problems
- Good organizational and planning skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills, self starter, showing initiative and capable of achieving results
- Experience with project management and contract management software and tools
| ||Yes - Domestic (In country) only|
| ||Yes - up to 25%|
| ||23:59 (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)|
| ||Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.|
BP&os;s Exploration and Production segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world&os;s largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
BP E&P Global Procurement & Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is responsible for working with Strategic Performance Units (SPUs) and other functional groups to maximize value delivered from expenditures with third parties. PSCM provides procurement and supply chain management for oil and natural gas exploration, development and production and related transportation and processing activities. The PSCM function is envisioned as a key lever to provide a significant contribution to BP&os;s bottom line and is in the midst of implementing a new Strategy to enable BP to meet its targets on cash costs, capital expenditures and production.
E&P PSCM has a vision to provide a &os;world-class&os; contribution that significantly adds to the profitability of the business. Inherent in this is the need to have the right organization, processes, practices and people with capabilities to deliver at the highest levels for BP.
| ||If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.|
BP is an equal opportunity employer
About BP America
Our focus is on you. BP is a global energy company with more than 100,000 people in 100 countries. BP is the classic case of "thinking globally, acting locally," with BP North America Gas and Power offices located throughout the US and Canada to better serve you. We're working to be the provider that will make your energy supply more reliable and your energy costs more controllable. We're better prepared. Our stability and expertise are designed to back you up with solid strategic relationship that delivers the highest levels of service, efficiency, and knowledge transfer. BP delivers by excelling at: Customer focus, Reliability, Accuracy and timeliness, Risk management, and Continuous improvement.