SW Developer, Test Automation (m/f)-TRCS-SEST00814269
With its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and with 63 production & engineering sites in 26 countries, 18 global service centres, and a rolling stock installed base exceeding 100.000 rail cars worldwide, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in rail industry.
We cover full spectrum of rail solutions - from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. While offering the broadest portfolio in rail industry, our 39.700 employees are highly dedicated to delivering ingenious products and services for better and more sustainable ways to move the world.
If you are an international profile and you have a good idea that might shape how people move around the world, apply now for our exciting SW Developer, Test Automation role.
The position will be located in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the job
The role consists of development and maintenance of the Onboard Test Environment and the Automated Test Environment.
The Onboard Test Environment is a train and track simulator used for simulating the surroundings of the onboard signalling system and consists of many simulators. The simulator is developed in C++ using Visual Studio and Eclipse.
The Automated Test Environment interprets test scripts, interacts and controls simulators, e.g. the Onboard Test Environment, presents the test result and resets the environment. It is used for Continues Integration and is developed in C# using Visual Studio and .NET.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software of the Onboard Test Environment and the Automated Test Environment.
- Development of other test environment software.
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools to support the generation of software.
- Write Requirement Specification, Design Specification, Test Specification, Test Report, User's Manual and Release Notes.
- Collaborate with colleagues located both on site as well as remote (mainly Germany and Thailand but not limited to that).
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Relevant previous experience (1 to 5 years would be preferable).
- Advanced knowledge of C++ development (preferably using Visual Studio and Eclipse) and C# development (Visual Studio and .NET are highly desirable).
- Fluent English language knowledge.
- Previous experience working with tools, simulators and automated testing are highly valued.
- Experience from a relevant industry, ERTMS or safety-critical systems is considered a plus.
- Previous experience working in a multinational environment is preferable.
- Excellent communication, analytical thinking, strategical and problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, proactive person.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: http://www.careers.bombardier.com/
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.08.2015, 11:15:22 AM