Req ID: 2221
Areas of Interest: Bank Operations
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states - Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies.
The Remittance Processing Specialist I
is primarily responsible for the daily processing and packaging of remittance accounts either in the Retail or the Wholesale Remittance Department. Receives, opens mail and processes deposits by manual or automated means, according to the customer specifications; balances payment transactions and performs data entry for data analysis and billing purposes; utilizes automated mail opening equipment, computerized processing equipment, and various output mediums to process accounts as departmental and customer procedures instruct.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Receives, sorts and opens remittance payment envelopes, including cash and non-cash items, by hand or by use of automated equipment according to type of payment and customer specifications; prepares general ledger cash entries; examines contents of mail for correct information by following specific set of detailed instructions for opening mail and preparing payment information; may screen checks for acceptable payee, signature, foreign items, correct amount and paid in full determining processable and non-processable items; sorts mail by specific remitter name.
- Produces reports detailing payment information according to customer specifications using on-line computer applications; reassociates customer work according to instructions preparing it for delivery by mail, courier or electronic means.
- Balances and validates checks to remittance advices processed internally or received from external source (customer remote scanning, credit card processor) Enters payment information into main frame and PC based computer systems as requested by the customer.
- Uses high speed imaging equipment to scan checks and documents into TMS 2011 computer system.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly data entry of remittance statistics for analysis and billing purposes.
- Basic knowledge of remittance operations and equipment i.e., Unisys DP 300/500/600 computer capture encoder, MPE extractor, Opex 50, OPEX 2200/3690/7200, and a variety of document scanners
- Good organizational skills and ability to make decisions regarding appropriate processing procedures
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Valid drivers license to collect mail from post office
- Intermediate knowledge of PC; word processing and spreadsheet software
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to perform data capture (alpha/numeric) with 95% accuracy
- Basic knowledge of ACH, BSA, AML, HIPAA, and PCI Compliance
- Process checks in excess of 1.6 billion dollars per month
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of high school and a minimum of 1year experience in accounts receivables or remittance processing operations.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Attention All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not accept candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented to BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will be considered the property of BOK Financial. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates, nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries are not obligated and will not under any circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting candidates in this manner. BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All contact with BOK Financial and its Subsidiaries from third parties must be through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of the BOK Financial Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and BOK Financial.
About BOK Financial
BOK Financial Corporation (BOK Financial) is a financial holding company. BOK Financial offers banking services in Oklahoma, Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston, Texas, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Northwest Arkansas, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Arizona and Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas. Its principal subsidiaries include Bank of Oklahoma, N.A. (BOk), Bank of Texas, N.A., Bank of Albuquerque, N.A., Bank of Arkansas, N.A., Colorado State Bank and Trust, N.A., Bank of Arizona, N.A. and Bank of Kansas City, N.A. Other subsidiaries include BOSC, Inc., a broker/dealer that engages in retail and institutional securities sales and municipal bond underwriting. BOK Financial operates three principal lines of business: commercial banking, consumer banking and wealth management. (Source: 10-K)