Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Requisition ID: 130673
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Organization: NS&E
- Location: Reston, VA
Controls Systems Engineer II/III develops, reviews and coordinates documents with suppliers, other disciplines and customers. Coordinates technical issues with Senior engineers. Proficient with basic engineering deliverables such as drawings, specifications and calculations. Knowledgeable of major regulations and industry codes and standards applicable to instrumentation and Controls. Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and customer design requirements in the preparation of Control Systems design products. Responsibilities include the following: marking up Piping & Instrument Diagrams and Logic Diagrams for control and instrumentation requirements. Contributes to maintaining the project's instrument database using automated tools and has knowledge of the applicability of information to be populated in the instrument database. Achieves work process improvement and promotes continuous work process improvement. The Engineer shall champion non-proprietary electronic data interchange and integrate automation technology where ever practical. Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Electro-Mech or related engineering degree from an accredited institution with 1 years of relevant experience; or MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer or Electro-Mech engineering from an accredited institution.
- Must have 1 years of experience in Control Systems Engineering developing documentation for Conceptual, Preliminary and Final Design.
- Familiar with design of nuclear facilities.
- Hands on Microsoft office programs and other computer programs.
- Candidate has excellent written and oral communication abilities along with effective presentation skills.
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint
- Must be able to obtain an EIT or PE License within 12 months of hire.
Shaping tomorrow together. Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right — no matter how big, how complex, or how remote the project. Bechtel operates through five global business units that specialize in civil infrastructure; power generation; communications and transmission; mining and metals; oil, gas and chemicals; and government services. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 22,000 projects in 140 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 employees team with customers, partners and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 50 countries.