* *Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position**
Bank of America is looking to build out their core Application Development capabilities in the Plano, TX market. The Software Engineer (SE) is responsible for providing technology solutions to various lines of businesses across Global Risk Technology organization. Software Engineer will work closely with Project / Product Management and Delivery teams to translate requirements into software components design and code. Also responsible to play active role and support various phases of life cycle from requirements, analysis, design, code, testing, build & deploy and implementation. Software Engineers are expected to learn the business and technical components of an application to appropriately communicate risk and status to senior project management and executives. Work with their peers across the organization to build synergies with cross function teams, drive efficiencies, improve knowledge management, and enhance the software development process life cycle. Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse development platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains, and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions. Competent to work under supervision on simpler applications coding from documented logic. Limited systems analysis responsibility. Limited knowledge of business or function for which application is designed. Responsible for specific assigned programs. Typically an entry level position.
* Recent or upcoming college graduates -preferred Computer Science or Computer Engineering degrees
* Basic understanding or academic project experience in Hadoop (Map/Reduce, Pig, Hive, Oozie, etc) or Java/J2EE and related technologies
* Exposure and understanding of one or more of the following database - Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, SQL Server
* Exposure and understanding of UNIX and Shell Scripting
* Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to demonstrate effective communication with both technical and non-technical individuals
* Experience in SDLC- Waterfall / Agile
* Good knowledge of Big Data Analytics or Data Sciences
* Experience in environments like Unix, Linux, Windows IIS etc.
* Working knowledge in application design concepts
* Able to contribute to Automation, Causal analysis and Develop shared/common solutions
* Able to identify risks and mitigation
* Comfortable working in a matrix environment
Posting Date: 02/09/2017
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
About Bank of America
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries throughout the United States and in selected international markets, Bank of America provides a diversified range of banking and non-banking financial services and products through three business segments: Global Consumer and Small Business Banking, Global Corporate and Investment Banking, and Global Wealth and Investment Management. The Company operates in 32 states, the District of Columbia and 30 foreign countries. In the United States, it serves 59 million consumer and small business relationships with 6,100 retail banking offices, 18,500 automated teller machines (ATMs) and 24 million active online users. It offers services in 13 states. In October 2007, it acquired ABN AMRO North America Holding Company. In July 2007, it acquired U.S. Trust Corporation. In July 2008, Bank of America acquired Countrywide Financial Corp.