Balfour Beatty Communities is seeking applicants for an Groundskeeper position.
Who We Are
At Balfour Beatty Communities, we are dedicated to a singular mission: delivering the quality communities people are proud to call home. We believe exceptional living experiences can only be created when We Care—about our residents, our partners, our communities and each other. Our culture of caring drives every aspect of our business, guiding us to always do the right thing and build meaningful connections as we fulfill the needs of our residents and partners with sincerity, empathy and creativity.
About the Role
Our Groundskeeper employees are very important in meeting this objective, with responsibility for maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the community and providing world-class service to our valued residents. If you are a hard-working, personable and dedicated employee interested in a position with a leading property management company, we want to hear from you.
You may be eligible for a $500 net sign on bonus to be paid out in your first paycheck
What you'll be doing
- Cleaning, raking and collecting debris from community grounds, breezeways and common areas.
- Keeping all stair towers clean and free of waste.
- Ensuring all exterior steps have treads and are safe.
- Removing snow and applying salt in inclement weather.
- Preparing vacant units for occupancy, including any necessary clean-out tasks.
- Performing daily inspections of building exteriors and lighting; reporting any required repairs or issues to the maintenance supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
Who We're Looking For
- Qualified candidates will have a high school or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid, state-issued driver’s license and safe driving record is also required.
- Ability to use smart mobile devices
- Ability to work independently
- Solid customer relations skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be available for night/weekend emergency call duty.
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, machinery, equipment, supplies, and office equipment. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 75lbs.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in and outside a maintenance/machinery environment and in and outside residential properties. Employee frequently interacts directly with residents, maintenance and communities’ staff during the workday.
Benefits: Discretionary bonuses, health/life insurance, 401K contributions, robust paid time off, long-term and short-term disability, paid parental leave.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.