Assistant Community Director
Balfour Beatty Communities is seeking applicants for an Assistant Community Director position.
Who We Are
At Balfour Beatty Communities, we are dedicated to a singular mission: delivering the quality communities people are proud to call home. We believe exceptional living experiences can only be created when We Care—about our residents, our partners, our communities and each other. Our culture of caring drives every aspect of our business, guiding us to always do the right thing and build meaningful connections as we fulfill the needs of our residents and partners with sincerity, empathy and creativity.
- Discretionary bonuses
- Medical and Dental Insurance 1st of the month following employment
- Health, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Robust PTO to include, sick, floating holidays, vacation, and personal days
- 2 Volunteer Days per year
- Company paid short-term and long- term disability, parental leave.
- And more!
About the role
This position is responsible for aiding the Community Director and site team in achieving highest levels of exceptional living, customer service and financial performance metrics of the installation and is expected, in the absence of the Community Manager/Director, to perform their duties.
You may be eligible for a $500 net sign on bonus to be paid out in your first paycheck
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for achieving budgeted occupancy, implementing marketing strategy, and preparing market reports. Oversee leasing/prospect management in accordance with our company Exceptional Living policy and management of fair market rent leases
- Responsible for Purchase Order Review, Invoice Processing, and related vendor communications. Assists Residential Operations Director/Manager with monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports. Oversees rent and delinquency collections to include renewals, setting fair market rent, and appropriate resident notices. Manages MAC Allotments and Yardi database to ensure correct financial information for each resident. Completes Move-In and Move-Out Deposit Accounting and posting of related charges as required.
- Maintains knowledge of legal documents and Polices & Procedures. Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with military housing office on resolutions for escalated resident issues and other housing related items. Manages partner COM expectations.
- Ensures the highest level of resident experience and satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive, and professional interactions with both employees and residents. Monitors Customer Service Scores and implements action plans to resolve reported issues.
- Daily engagement with Facilities Management team to provide support and collaborate on resident issues and develop solutions. Provide assistance and feedback when developing scopes of work based on resident and property needs.
- Review team member work performance for accurate and timely completion. Maintains knowledge of legal documents and company policies and procedures and ensures team compliance. Confirms property inspections are completed on a regular basis to identify any deficiencies or issues that need to be addressed. Oversees pre-inspections on move-ins to ensure homes ready for occupancy, as well as move-out inspections using company software. Manage and conduct on-site audits in software system to ensure compliance with company policy
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of new team members. Trains team on policies and procedures, ensuring accountability and coaching for success. Maintain promotion pipeline and develop team members to achieve professional growth and goals. Review team member work performance for accurate and timely completion
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, controls, phones, and computer keyboard. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move office supplies up to 20 lbs. Work is performed in an office environment as well as at multiple residential sites. Employee frequently interacts directly with community management and other staff members during the workday.
Who we're looking for
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in property management, hospitality/resort industry, leasing operations or another customer service-oriented environment
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Solid interpersonal, customer relations and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word Excel
- Possession of a valid state issued Driver’s License and safe driving record are required.
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.