BAE Systems is seeking an entry-level Software Engineer. Will design and develop software platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
Will work in a rapid development environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Tasks will include software coding, debugging, and integrating. Tasks may include integration, regression, and requirement testing of complex SW/HW systems. May travel occasionally to customer locations to support product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing. Required Education: Bachelor's degree and 0+ year(s) related experience
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Scientific field or equivalent experience. Employees in California must have a Bachelor's degree in the applicable field, or an applicable certification, equivalent certificate or any required license. Equivalent experience will not be considered.
- GPA 3.0
- College transcripts at time of interview (unofficial copy is acceptable).
- Proficiency in multiple high-level programming languages (C++, Java, C#).
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD).
- Team player with a proactive attitude and ability to be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (open seating arrangement).
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Software related internship, work, or hobby experience (software development, IA, web development).
- Operating Systems (UNIX/Linux and/or Windows and .Net, Android).
- Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative).
- Architecture (Web Services and SOA).
- Development languages (C++, Java/J2EE, C#).
- Database tools and design (Oracle, Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, AllegroGraph, NoSQL, RDF, SPARQL).
- Development tools and services (MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, JBuilder, Spring Framework, JBoss, Hibernate, and automated test tools).
- User Interface development tools.
- Configuration Management tools (ClearCase, Subversion, Git).
- Algorithm development.
- Basic understanding of Software Security.
- Open Source, cloud and virtualization software and services.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled