Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The Aspire Principal Residency Program (APR) is an opportunity for individuals to prepare to be an Aspire principal. Residents take on an administrative role within an Aspire school with a selected mentor principal. Supplemental classes, coaching, and projects provide residents experience with administration in a sheltered environment. The program supports the residents to take the School Leaders Licensure Assessment which qualifies one to receive an administrative credential. The APR is looking for 1-2 individuals who are interested in spending the 2012/13 school year as a Principal Resident in a California Aspire elementary school and then the 2013/14 as a founding Principal of a new Aspire elementary school in Memphis, Tennessee. Residents will be in California starting July 1, 2012 and transition to Memphis in April 2013. Responsibilities: - Work with a Mentor Principal, Area Superintendent, and Director of Aspire Principal Residency on administrative duties which will include: opportunities to run professional development, work with parents, observe teachers and plan initiatives. - Participate in regular meetings with mentor feedback, one week summer program and additional seminars held during or after school hours and possibly 2 or 3 Saturdays throughout the year. - As a Memphis Resident, you will be expected to make trips to Memphis throughout the school year, join several planning meetings and phone calls to prepare for opening a new school and move to the Memphis area in the spring 2013.
1) The APR Program looks for candidates who display the following competencies: -Instructional Knowledge: Exhibits expertise in effective teaching, including curriculum standards, curriculum design and learning theory. -Data: Uses data to increase student achievement. -Ownership: Consistently holds self and others accountable for results, actions and decisions. -Collaboration: Develops strong relationships with colleagues and works from a "one for all, all for one" premise in order to accomplish more together than what is possible alone. - Purposefulness: Understands, embraces and consistently takes deliberate action to achieve Aspire's vision and mission. This includes long term goal setting, backwards mapping from the goal(s) and taking steps along the path toward the goal(s). -Customer Service: Empathetically understands the needs and desires of the students and the families we serve. -Beliefs: Believes all students can achieve at high levels. 2) Minimum educational level: -Bachelor's Degree required -Multiple Subject Teaching Credential preferred -NCLB Highly Qualified preferred 3) Experience Required: -5+ years working with urban students as a full-time teacher preferred to in week The to Uses strong BACH_3a9945 BETS_ARC_Setter curriculum planning
About Aspire Public Schools
If you remember one thing about us, remember this: Our commitment is College for Certain. We work to make college the expectation, not the exception. Currently Aspire operates 38 schools in California and Tennessee serving over 14,600 students in grades K-12.
- To open and operate small, high-quality charter schools in low-income neighborhoods, in order to:
- Increase the academic performance of underserved students
- Develop effective educators
- Share successful practices with other forward-thinking educators, and
- Catalyze change in public schools