At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an entry level graduate position within the Information Technology field that focused on software development for a position based in our San Francisco location. In this position you will be supporting internal clients at Arup. You will be involved in different aspects of the design, deployment and support of Arup’s software application environment. This will require collaborating with internal clients face-to-face, via telephone, e-mails, chats, and self-service tickets. At times you will need to troubleshoot problems, maintain visibility of request volume and resolution time by meeting service level agreements; following defined ticketing procedures, and maintaining clear and open communication with the client and other IT staff. You will provide after-hours coverage as needed. Availability during non-business hours is required.
· Work closely with senior IT members on the design, direction, implementation, operational support, and maintenance of Arup’s application infrastructure for the America’s region
· Developing prototypes and performing application coding and programming.
· Interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
· Performs unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or current enrollment in Computer Science degree – software development focus.
· Good understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies.
· Visual Basic, .NET Experience (minimum from school)
· Relational DB / SQL knowledge (minimum from school)
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to make informed decisions and preform duties with little or no supervision.
· Follows established policies and procedures; plans work priorities with guidance from superiors.
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent leadership, verbal, written, problem solving and listening skills