Primary Location: Hilliard, Ohio
Employment Status: Full-Time
Armstrong Ceilings, a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has an internship opportunity for an Environmental, Health and Safety Intern to be located at our plant in HIlliard, OH. Under the supervision of an experience EHS professional, the Environmental, Health and Safety Intern will be working on projects with a focus on the improvement of the environmental, health, and safety systems, which will be completed during the course of the internship or contribute to a larger, ongoing project.
Key Responsibilities of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern:
- Supporting the EHS team on related process improvement projects
- Contributing to environmental, health, and safety projects, including:
- Air permits, Storm Water permits and plans, NPDES permits
- SPCC plans
- Storage tank related projects
- Release control projects
- Environmental monitoring and sampling projects
- Remediation projects
- Waste Management projects
- Chemical, dust and noise exposure
- Development of training packages
- Lockout and Tagout procedures
- Metrics and measurement
- Machine guarding
- Utilizing support and guidance of the EHS management in order to ensure results achieved directly benefit the organization as well as personal development
Required Qualifications of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences or EHS
- Must have a minimum 3.2 GPA, cumulative and within major
- Must be a maximum of 24 months away from graduation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in teams
- Capability to build relationships with other functions within the organization
- Well-developed computer skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to read, comprehend and explain environmental permits, safety compliance documentation, and other technical documents
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions when necessary
- Must be able to climb ladders and walk catwalks, etc. in order to monitor, direct and validate equipment and installations
- Must be able to provide own mode of transportation
About the Location (Hilliard, OH)
Our Hilliard Plant, one of six Armstrong ceiling plants in North America, employs approximately 135 associates across multiple shifts who are involved in the manufacturing and shipping of acoustical ceiling tile. The Hilliard plant prides itself in placing high priority on safety, quality and exceeding customer expectations.
Located 13 miles west of downtown Columbus, the city of Hilliard is a charming blend of old and new. Leisure strolls through historic Weaver Park, football games at OSU, thriving businesses and chic boutiques and shops are just some of the many ways that Hilliard caters to both ends of the generation spectrum.
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.