Commercial Inside Sales Representative
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full-Time
Armstrong Flooring, a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has a job opportunity for a Commercial Inside Sales Representative to be located in Lancaster, PA. The Commercial Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for process definition, proactive tracking of target account business, providing account specific sales assistance to targeted customers, and back-up of all current customer service activities.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Inside Sales Representative:
- Providing proactive and professional sales assistance to defined accounts and field sales reps by developing and utilizing PC processes and customer outreach techniques to increase satisfaction and market share
- Developing and enhancing (internal and external) processes to track business
- Identifying win/loss status of jobs through customer interaction
- Proactively reviewing specifications to assure that they are Armstrong friendly and meet agreements of contract.
- Identifying non-conforming specs and works with the Commercial Field Sales Manager to assure compliance
- Traveling to territories to meet key target customers and discuss sales opportunities as required
- Influencing quality specs through customer education with focus on new introductions and 90 day plans
- Contributing to development and implementation of territorial sales plans
- Be the primary available sales contact to assigned customer providing them with new product information, sample and literature support, selection assistance and claim resolution
- Engaging in proactive sales activities for assigned customers to develop service-based, long-term relationships; initiative contact; and assist in product selection
- Providing proactive customer outreach communications to support new product introductions to targeted customer base
Required Qualifications for the Entry Level Inside Sales Representative:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team to manage multiple priorities
- Leadership abilities demonstrated through involvement in student organizations and / or community service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Co-op or internship experience and a willingness to relocate.
- Previous sales experience
Desired Qualifications for the Entry Level Inside Sales Representative:
- Business, Architecture, Marketing or Construction Management Bachelor's degree
- Previous sales experience
- Experience in SAP and CRM systems
About the Location (Lancaster, PA)
Located in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants. Click here to read stories about Armstrong employees and how they have found "home" in Lancaster County and surrounding areas.
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.