Armstrong Floor Products (AFI), a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has a job opportunity for a Quality Manager to be located in Lancaster, PA. Reporting to the AFI Global Quality Director, the Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the quality assurance effort in support of AFI Resilient and having in place the necessary quality systems that will result in product quality levels that meet customer expectations.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Manager:
- Establishing manufacturing product quality standards based on customer input and expectations
- Identifying product leading indicator metrics based on customer CTQ's and ensures that these measures are monitored and adhered to
- Establishing business format and assuming ownership of semi-annual Quality and Service Review Meetings at Armstrong Flooring North American Resilient plants
- Managing the audit and compliance processes of product families manufactured by Armstrong Flooring North American Resilient using statistical methods to measure results
- Owning the change management process for North American Resilient products and processes
- Participating in the New Product Development (NPD) process by establishing finished product performance requirements, risk assessment and developing capability testing to ensure compliance
- Managing the ISO and Internal Product Quality Audit process for all resilient plants to ensure compliance
- Initiating a number of projects which result in product improvement and improved customer satisfaction
- Coaching and developing Resilient plant quality assurance resources to a higher level of performance with emphasis on customer understanding and satisfaction
- Owning the development and management of the North American Resilient Quality Operating Plan
- Participating in Resilient Value Stream Mapping events to represent quality
- Visiting contractor and distributor customers to solicit information and input regarding product performance measured against customer expectations
- Engaging with Resilient business stakeholders in all aspects of the business that impact complaints and claims
Required Qualifications for the Quality Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Quality Assurance or other related field; or equivalent experience
- Proven SME in Quality Assurance methods in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Minitab
- Previous experience with advanced data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Ability to travel 20-30%
Desired Qualifications for the Quality Manager:
- Advanced degree in a related field
- ISO auditor certification
- ASQ certification
- Lean/Six Sigma certification
- SME with regard to testing and installation of resilient flooring products
About the Location (Lancaster, PA)
Located in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants. Click here to read stories about Armstrong employees and how they have found "home" in Lancaster County and surrounding areas.
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Armstrong, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this policy.