Armstrong World Industries' Global Business Services (GBS) group has a great career opportunity for an Accounting Specialist/Accounting Analyst at our corporate campus in Lancaster, PA to contribute to the GBS Corporate and Business Unit Accounting group. As an Accounting Specialist/Accounting Analyst you will be responsible for general accounting, standard reporting, budgeting & forecasting, compliance & internal control, support and accountability for offshore outsourced associates as well as liaising with Corporate Centers of Excellence and Business Units.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Record monthly journal entries, prepare quarterly disclosures (10K/Q Footnotes) and develop budgets and estimates for employee benefit plans. In coordination and within guidelines from Corporate Finance, ensure that accounting for worldwide FAS 87, 106 and 112 plans, deferred compensation plans and restructuring actions complies with U.S. GAAP.
- Record monthly journal entries, prepare quarterly disclosures (10K/Q Footnotes) and develop budgets and estimates for derivatives. In coordination and within guidelines from Corporate Finance, ensure that accounting for worldwide derivatives (Hedge Accounting) complies with U.S. GAAP.
- Provide assistance to external auditor with audits of employee benefit plans. Prepare financial statements and, where applicable, Form 5500's.
- Performs various supporting and back-up activities for the SAP closing and Hyperion consolidation process.
- Prepare various accounting activities and perform miscellaneous duties associated with our Canadian Company:
- Monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and balance sheet review
- Submission of financial data to Corporate Finance and Governmental Surveys
- Budgeting and forecasting for Corporate Centers of Excellence
- Provide oversight and coordination for any miscellaneous tasks including statutory requirements that are specific to the Canadian legal entity.
- Perform specific accounting duties involving Latin and South America legal entities including coordination of intercompany transactions.
- Assume internal ownership of all tasks and documentation to support KPMG annual Pension Fund Audit.
General Duties and Responsibilities of this Position:
- Prepare actionable reporting and analysis to support the company's financial closings and internal/external reporting processes and to ensure the reliability of reported results - completes activities, and provides reporting and analysis in accordance with agreed upon service level agreements.
- Communicate with colleagues at various locations (Corp, BU, foreign entities) to resolve issues and closing discrepancies and follows through with appropriate action.
- Recommend, develop and implement changes to continually improve processes, support standardization, and the effectiveness of GBS.
- Perform and oversee accounting and reconciliations of Companies fixed assets.
- Ensure all schedules /deadlines are met on time and accurate in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Document policies, procedures, workflow, and checklists for assigned responsibilities.
- Confirm and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Provide SOX compliance and audit reviews - Internal Audit and KPMG.
- Liaison and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
- Prepare and/or Audit account reconciliations applicable to area of responsibility.
This position requires approximately 5% travel with the potential for international travel.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA (preferred)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to ascertain the reasonableness and accuracy of information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - particularly MS Excel.
- SAP/ BW experience preferred.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other groups within Armstrong.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities; must be a self-starter and take the initiative in completing projects and assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communications with the ability to share knowledge at appropriate levels of the organization
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail and capable of delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent, and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of plant and corporate personnel. Proven ability to successfully manage and resolve conflict.
Benefits offered by Armstrong World Industries:
Armstrong offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, long term disability coverage, vacation and product discount programs.
About Armstrong World Industries:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location (Lancaster, PA):
Located in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
How to Apply:
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets. Apply online at http://careers.armstrong.com/
Req ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full-Time