Armstrong Flooring Products (AFP), a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has a job opportunity for a Retail Sales Representative to be located in the St Louis market. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Retail Sales Representative will be accountable for achieving or exceeding budgeted sales, volume and mix, and profitability targets with retailers through wholesale distribution.
Key Responsibilities of the Retail Sales Representative:
- Driving and growing profitable sales of Armstrong products
- Building relationships with retailers to achieve customer satisfaction and financial goals
- Influencing the retailers to focus on and sell Armstrong products
- Communicating and implementing pricing, marketing programs and promotions, and sales initiatives to drive the business
- Successfully executing new product launch initiatives
- Conducting training for the assigned retailers in the areas of sales skills, product knowledge, technical information, installation, and related company policies and procedures
- Developing local and regional sales promotions and coordinating Lancaster-based promotions aimed at increasing sales volumes in all product categories
- Executing the sales call process and accurate job tracking
- Making joint sales calls with distributor sales representatives and management personnel
- Assisting the retailer in the yearly business planning process by establishing sales, marketing, service, and financial objectives
- Conducting quarterly review sessions with the Regional Manager regarding the yearly plan
- Monitoring and evaluating the market, activities, and products of the competition as well as identifying SWOT and developing a plan to address any issues, problems or opportunities
- Preparing reports of business transactions and keeping expense accounts.
Required Qualifications of the Retail Sales Representative:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or other related field
- 3+ years of previously sales experience
- Proven consultative selling, strong communication, influencing, negotiating, analytical, and time and project management skills
- Strong track record of sales achievement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to learn at a rapid pace
Desired Qualifications of the Retail Sales Representative:
- Previous sales experience in the flooring and/or building products industry
Benefits offered by Armstrong World Industries:
Armstrong offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, long term disability coverage, vacation and product discount programs.
About Armstrong World Industries:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
How to Apply:
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets. Apply online at http://careers.armstrong.com/
Req ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: Missouri St. Louis,
Employment Status: Full-Time
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong employees, or to Armstrong's resume database will be considered Armstrong property. Armstrong will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed Armstrong contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.
Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Armstrong's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee. No other Armstrong employee is authorized to bind Armstrong to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Recruiters.
BY SUBMITTING A CANDIDATE TO ARMSTRONG, RECRUITERS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY.