Armstrong Flooring Products (AFP), a division of Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has a job opportunity for a Plant Engineer to be located at the West Plains, MO plant. The Plant Engineer will be responsible for providing technical services related to the manufacturing equipment and processes, with a primary focus on the Hardwood Flooring Operation. These services include providing daily technical support, identifying and executing process improvement and cost reduction opportunities, as well as the design and installation of capital projects. Additionally, the Plant Engineer will be directly responsible for managing the capital spending process for the entire West Plains plant, including planning and execution.
Key Responsibilities of the Plant Engineer:
- Actively participating as a member of the Hardwood Flooring Value Stream Team to drive resolution of common and special cause issues that negatively impact Plant Reliability
- Investigating problems in the Hardwood Flooring and recommending corrective action
- Consulting with production personnel, analyzing the supporting data, recommending corrective action, and following through on recommendations to evaluate their effectiveness
- Owning other key plant combustion systems
- Serving as the plant contact for all Armstrong Building Products project teams impacting the Hardwood Flooring
- Representing the needs of the plant to Armstrong Flooring Products team and communicating critical issues needing resolution back to the Plant
- Executing capital projects per agreed cost, schedule, and performance
- Applying Precision Maintenance concepts and principles to all work performed
- Leading annual capital planning and cost improvement process
- Managing annual capital spending, including submission of monthly spending updates, control of discretionary spending, review and submission of all appropriations, closing of projects and settling of assets, and active participation as a member of the AFP Capital Manager Network
- Transferring technical knowledge where appropriate to other plant personnel to elevate organization understanding and performance
Required Qualifications of the Plant Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of related engineering experience
- Previous project management experience
- Facilitation skill and ability
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office
Desired Qualifications of the Plant Engineer:
- 7+ years of related engineering experience
- EIT, FE, or Professional Engineer certification
- Strong technical knowledge of Combustion Processes (Dryers and Expanders)
- Experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing Tools (SMED, 2P, 3P)
- Previous experience utilizing other tools, including Minitab or AutoCad
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
Benefits offered by Armstrong World Industries:
Armstrong offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, long term disability coverage, vacation and product discount programs.
About Armstrong World Industries:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location (West Plains, MO):
Our West Plains Plant employs approximately 290 people working multiple shifts. The plant manufactures ¾" solid hardwood flooring and is the third largest manufacturer in the area.
West Plains, located in the "Heart of the Ozarks", is where you'll find breathtaking scenery, abundance of outdoor activities, big city conveniences, entertainment and amenities, all with the appeal of small town values and charms. A thriving job market, affordable housing and quality educational institutions like the Missouri State University branch at West Plains makes West Plains ideal. Recreational opportunities include outdoor activities in the Mark Twain National Forest, over 300 miles of floatable streams, 125 miles of hiking trails, and many gristmills. West Plains is also within easy access to lakes Bull Shoals, Norfork and Lake of the Ozarks for water recreation.
How to Apply:
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets. Apply online at http://careers.armstrong.com/
Req ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: West Plains, Missouri
Employment Status: Full-Time
Target Grades: 10-11