Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to support manufacturing operations at our plant in Marietta, PA. The plant manufactures mineral fiber ceiling tiles in a 24/7 fast paced environment. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the plant meets its key performance metrics and goals for safety, quality, throughput, delivery and cost.
You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes and systems. Additionally, this position will be expected to work alongside contractors and may be called upon to direct the work of contractors or other maintenance personnel as needed for repair work.
Specific job duties include:
- Assemble, install, dismantle, repair, and reassemble mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Diagnose and correct mechanical malfunctions so as to maintain equipment in a state of operating effectiveness and to meet production requirements
- Work on mechanical equipment such as powered conveyors, dust collectors, gas predictive maintenance and reliability centered maintenance as scheduled.
- Use a variety of hand and portable power tools, along with shop equipment such as drill press, hack saw, grinder, lathe, etc.
- Requisition and procure required materials from storeroom.
- Work from prints, sketches and other written or verbal instructions.
- Maintain personal work tools
- Perform other related miscellaneous duties as required
The position is expected to cover for shift work as necessary which may include nights and weekends.
- We require at least 3 years relevant mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/plant environment,
- Ability to operate mobile equipment;
- Ability to be self directed and work with limited supervision;
- Ability to perform precision tasks including alignments using lasers, dial indicators, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the repair / installation of mechanical equipment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of predictive maintenance practices (vibration, ultrasound, etc.) desired.
- Journeyman certification as an Industrial Mechanic or Millwright
- Five plus years of Plant Mechanical Maintenance experience.
We will only consider online submissions of employment interest via your application being submitted on our career website at www.armstrong.com/careers. No resumes or applications will be accepted at our plant. To be considered for employment, selected candidates will be asked to complete the ACT "WorkKeys" assessment.
We offer competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, long and short term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid time off, and product discount programs.
About the Company:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
About the Location:
Located 15 miles from the corporate headquarters in Lancaster, PA, Marietta sits on the northeast bank of the Susquehanna River. It is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. The area offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
How to Apply:
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets. Apply online at http://careers.armstrong.com/
Primary Location: Marietta, Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full-Time
Travel: No Selection