Currently we are seeking Press Technician Trainees to support manufacturing operations at our plant in Beech Creek, Pennsylvania. This plant is a high technology printing and coating facility and ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Work assignments include:
- Press Operations – Making or assisting in precision and rapid press setups; making adjustments during operation, inspection and quality checks; operating unwind and rewind equipment.
- Pre-Press – Cleaning and preparing printing units for precision and rapid product changeovers. Retrieving print cylinders for setup. Cleaning of parts and equipment. Mixing ink batches and shade matching with computerized ink dispensing system.
- Finishing Operations – Operate rewinding and slitting equipment to process product for shipment. Complete production reports and enter data.
- Miscellaneous – Maintain excellent housekeeping. Perform equipment maintenance as required. Forklift operation. Handling of hazardous waste.
The successful candidate must possess:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively and function in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to work all shifts (current hours are 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Willingness to work necessary overtime, including weekends. Current work schedule is four 10 hour days per week.
- Ability to lift 65 pounds from floor to waist.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- Ability to adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to follow all safety guidelines and wear applicable Personal Protective Equipment.
Interested candidates must be willing to submit to a background check and physical which includes visual acuity test, lifting test and drug screening.
Benefits offered by Armstrong World Industries:
Armstrong offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, long term disability coverage, vacation and product discount programs.
About Armstrong World Industries:
Established in 1860, Armstrong World Industries, Inc. is a multi-billion dollar global leader in the design and manufacture of floors and ceilings with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong serves both the residential and commercial markets operating plants and distribution centers in eight countries with over 9,000 employees worldwide.
How to Apply:
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets. Apply online at http://careers.armstrong.com/
Req ID: [[id]]
Primary Location: Pennsylvania Beech Creek,
Employment Status: Full-Time
Travel: No Selection