The Rocky Mountain Division (RMD) of ARA is seeking well-rounded Programmers to help produce software of the highest caliber. As a Programmer, you will be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from working with the United States Military to law enforcement, your software will help make a difference.
RMD is committed to a culture which fosters fun and teamwork in all that we do. You will be given exposure to both front-end development (AngularJS or React) and back-end development (Java/PostgresSQL) as well as work in an agile team-oriented environment.
* At least 2 years of software development experience
* Ability to produce clean/commented code
* Ability to be flexible and adjust as requirements change
* Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects with different requirements
* Ability to complete tasks quickly, accurately, and with attention to detail
* Ability to work independently or with a team
* Organized, able to prioritize and complete tasks then communicate the results clearly through effective face-to-face communications, telephone, or email communications
* Associate's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
* Familiarity with event-driven and object-oriented programming design, 3-D visualization, automated testing with physics-based modeling and simulation
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS
* Familiarity with OpenGL/WebGL/ThreeJS
* Familiarity with C++ and C#
* Familiarity with databases, particularly PostGres
* Able to occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines
* Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
Qualified candidates will be required to complete a test (located on GitHub) to further demonstrate their qualifications.
ARA is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer.
About Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Applied Research Associates, Incorporated (ARA) is an independent, employee-owned, internationally recognized company focused on providing in-depth and diversified engineering, scientific research, and technical support services to the public and private sectors.