The Southwest Division (SWD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) has an opportunity for an entry-level Applied Dynamics Engineer. As part of our Concept Development team in Albuquerque, NM, you will support our growing business in the area of physics-based modeling and simulation for penetrating warheads, fuzes, explosive fills, and non-lethal weapons. Our work focuses on modeling a diverse range of phenomena including penetrating weapon system survivability, high speed sled and flight testing, structural response modeling, and constitutive model development.
Your day-to-day work will consist of finite element mesh development, simulation based design, and creative problem solving using finite element methods. Customer focused analysis is a core competency of our team, so you will be relied upon to provide meaningful simulations to answer a variety of highly complex weapons issues. In addition, you will analyze your results and collaborate with a team to ensure we provide the high level of technical quality that our customers have come to expect. You will be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team-based environment to solve problems and provide customer support.
Essential Job Functions:
* Work as a finite element analyst in support of conventional weapons development and improvement for DoD and Prime Contractors
* Support multiple projects and interact in a dynamic team environment
* Ability to build compelling, customer focused briefings
* Learn quickly, leveraging support from senior FEA group members
* A BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related discipline
* Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or Finite Element Methods (FEM)
* Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows
Other Desirable Skills
* Expertise with DoD contracts
* Experience with LS-DYNA
* Familiarity with commercial and national laboratory FEA and/or CFD codes
If this is the perfect job for you please apply online at http://careers.ara.com and search by job reference code SWD-2017-001. All applicants are required to include a cover letter in addition to a resume to be considered.
Job Reference #SWD-2017-001
ARA is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.
About Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Applied Research Associates, Incorporated (ARA) is an independent, employee-owned, internationally recognized company focused on providing in-depth and diversified engineering, scientific research, and technical support services to the public and private sectors.