Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Oversee, direct and manage the installation of concrete ties, rail and turnouts, undercutting, shoulder cleaning, ditching, welding, and surfacing work. Oversee manpower, scheduling, equipment, material,and supplies that support track operations. Ensure compliance with Amtrak and Federal Railroad Administration policies and procedures.
• Directly supervises and develops track forces to ensure quality construction, maintenance and safe work performance. Responsible for all aspects of safety in area of responsibility.
• Leads and manages the personal safety and track safety processes and ensures policy compliance.
• Monitors and records track construction productivity to ensure efficient use of all resources and makes the necessary adjustments and procedural changes as required.
• Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks.
• Inspect production gang work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance.
• Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure all Federal and Amtrak requirements are being met by track inspectors.
• Conduct efficiency and operation tests.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments and public agencies.
• Effective utilization of performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.
• Ensure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
• Directs, plans and implements long-term programs for capital and maintenance track construction projects.
• Ensures all track programs and projects are completed according to scope, schedule, and budget, as well as compliance with Amtrak and FRA policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the integration of the Production Department’s projects with other disciplines and departments to ensure effective implementation and workforce.
• Ensures resource utilization (labor and equipment) for operating efficiency.
• Establishes production goals and ensures achievement for construction gangs.
• Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge of train operations, railroad maintenance and construction methods.
• Some experience in planning/scheduling and project management.
• Qualified or have the ability to be qualified in MW1000, NORAC, RWP, AMT2, applicable FRA rules and regulations.
• Microsoft Office, WEE, PC experience with spreadsheets.
• Other: Prior satisfactory job performance is required.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated experience communicating orally and in writing within and outside of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Engineering and Construction knowledge
• FRA regulatory knowledge
• Railroad industry knowledge
• Supervisory experience in Engineering (civil, structural, electrical or mechanical)
• Technical track systems experience
• Ability to work effectively with multiple team members
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Extensive experience in railroad operations and procedures.
• Technical experience with regard to track systems, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in railroad construction and maintenance methods.
• MW1000, NORAC, RWP, AMT II, and applicable FRA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) sufficient to prepare effective business analyses and presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with multiple team members.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Will supervise up to 120 agreement employees
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Requisition ID: 10002
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: Yes
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering