Construction Project Manager
This position is responsible for the development and management of multiple construction projects or assignments in the field of water and wastewater. This includes all aspects of public water supply and treatment systems and wastewater collection & treatment systems including asset management, project and construction management, business development, and issues relating to operations & maintenance.
Salary range: $70,000 – $95,000
As a project manager within the American Water Military Services Group Capital/Engineering function, this position is responsible for the development and management of construction projects or assignments in the field of water and wastewater. This includes all aspects of public water supply and treatment systems and wastewater collection & treatment systems including asset management, project and construction management, business development, and issues relating to operations & maintenance. Projects or assignments fall within the following general categories listed below.
- Managing all activities concerned with the delivery of multiple capital investment projects from inception to completion. This includes project budgeting and administration within an established capital investment management process, management or self-performance of project delivery tasks including preliminary engineering, detailed design, permitting, procurement, construction management, field inspection, testing, turnover and project closeout.
- Support project delivery efforts through interpreting and determining asset & operational requirements, organizing and executing detailed engineering design tasks, administering project specific permitting tasks, providing technical support and operator training during construction & commissioning.
- Engineering studies and/or troubleshooting related to water/wastewater operations and maintenance concerns, project or program management for maintenance of engineered assets (storage tanks, reservoirs, dams, etc.) or event management support related to unplanned occurrences (droughts, storms, floods, power outage, asset failures, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Commensurate experience may be considered.
- Over Five (5) years’ experience managing and implementing Capital Improvement Programs and construction projects.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Professional Engineer License (PE) desired and/or Construction Management certifications preferred.
- This position reports onto a military installation. In addition to American Water’s pre-employment screenings, this position requires the ability to pass a Department of Defense background check for access to the military installation.
- Project management and development from office setting.
- Some field inspection and evaluation required for local projects.
Click APPLY NOW to send your resume today!
American Water Military Services is an equal opportunity employer.