Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
We are seeking a dynamic individual who will be a key member of an application development technology team responsible for creating and innovating merchant payment and servicing solutions for merchants outside of the US who accept the American Express Card.
This application developer position is within the Genesis / Recon / GMDL team in Global Merchant Payment and Servicing team in American Express Technologies. The individual will be accountable for creating and delivering code to meet business and customer needs, writing low maintenance, high reliability code to be used in a 24/7 environment. We are looking for a strong thought leader who also works collaboratively in a team environment to meet exciting challenges and develop innovative and creative solutions.
- Participates in business requirement sessions to understand the business deliverable
- Works with Project Managers and Business Analysts to plan project implementation tasks
- Updates program specification/implementation documentation
- Converts program specification into COBOL / IEF source code
- Assists with defect resolution ensuring development, implementation and performance standards are met
- Revises code based on test results
- Prepares code for production
- Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing including creation of test scripts
- Escalates, provides feedback and proposes changes to program/implementation
- As this an entry level position, candidate must be able to articulate classroom projects using COBOL and explain project complexity and deliverable
- Familiarity with JCL to run COBOL code in a mainframe environment
- IEF experience desired but not necessary, but must be willing to learn this toolset once employed
- Demonstrated achievement, strategic thinking, curiosity to learn and grow, and a customer focused mindset
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to Agile methodologies a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while keeping a sense of humor and a focus on succeeding with integrity
- Typically holds a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URL in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
Job: Amex Technologies
Primary Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
About American Express
First Data Corporation (FDC) operates electronic commerce, payment services and customer account management businesses. FDC has four main business segments: First Data Commercial Services Segment, First Data Financial Institution Services Segment, First Data International Segment and Integrated Payment Systems Segment, and a fifth segment, known as All Other and Corporate. In January 2007, FDC acquired Size Technologies, Inc., and in February 2007, it acquired the assets of Datawire Communication Networks Inc. During the year ended December 31, 2006, the Company acquired Argencard, S.A., Peace Software, Gesellschaft fur Zahlungssysteme and ClearCheck, Inc. On September 29, 2006, FDC completed the spin-off of Western Union. In 2006, the Company sold its subsidiary, Taxware to Automatic Data Processing, Inc. In August 2007, FDC acquired POLCARD SA. In September 2007, the Company was acquired by affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR).