Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
This position requires an individual who has a strong background developing in and supporting the Oracle EBS systems. Specific modules include Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Cash Reconciliation, AR, and HRMS. R12 experience is preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under minimal direction, formulates/ defines system scope and objectives to develop or modify moderate to complex technology systems.
- Act as technical expert for all phases of technology delivery.
- Assist management in providing work direction and technical guidance on migration options from Oracle EBS 11 to R12.
- Resolve software issues/ bugs and shortcomings through Oracle EBS understanding and the use of Oracle support resources such as Metalink.
- Analyze and apply Oracle EBS patches.
- Maintain and modify current inbound/ outbound system interfaces utilizing UNIX PL/SQL, XML and Java.
- Design/Test/ Implement/ PL/SQL packages to meet the customized needs of internal customers.
- Assist in adequate documentation of all system and process components surrounding the Oracle EBS system.
- Responsible for participating in 24 X 7 support of assigned applications.
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS or Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience and training
- 8+ years professional Oracle EBS development including proficiency in PL/SQL programming
- 8+ years professional Experience in UNIX
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in JAVA, J2EE, J2SE, HTML, and XML
- Demonstrated experience preparing programming specifications
- Demonstrated ability to present information, project updates and interacting with various target audiences
- Experience/proficiency with Oracle Financial Applications
- Experience/proficiency with Oracle HRMS Applications
- Proficiency in Oracle Discoverer Client/ Web versions
- Experience/ proficiency with Oracle Workflow
Competent to work at a high technical level of all phases of technology delivery.
- Understand particular Oracle EBS module functionality in order to interact with the business group effectively.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and devise innovative solutions for those opportunities.
- Experience using Oracle Metalink
- Knowledge of developing functional mock-ups
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with OA Framework a plus
- Airline experience - a plus
BTD HR and Payroll
About American Airlines
American Airlines is the world's largest airline. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection(R) airlines serve 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 4,000 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld(R) Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation.