Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process is currently recruiting for a Junior Structural Engineer to support Civil / Structural engineering and construction projects at our Tucker GA office. Applicant(s) will have the opportunity to support the civil / structural design and retrofit of Nuclear power plants and EPC (engineering, procurement and management) projects.
Skills / Qualifications
A background in Civil / Structural Engineering is required for this position. Experience with concrete and steel design is required; knowledge of computer modeling and analysis of structures is a must, and understanding of seismic behaviour of structures is a plus. Coordination with multidisciplinary engineering teams is favorable for this position. Applicant must have exemplary organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
* 0 - 3 years of nuclear experience
* From Industry: Commercial
* Degree: B.S. Civil Engineering from accredited university (can be B.S.) Higher degrees is a plus
* Must be able to obtain unescorted access to nuclear plants
* Must be capable of entering radiological controlled areas (RCAs)
* Must be capable of working independently, with little oversight
* Must be highly productive and able to adhere to tight schedules
* Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
* Must possess excellent computer skills and capable of working on various Structural programs (e.g., STAAD Pro, RISA, SAP2000, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.