Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
TenMarks, an Amazon company, is growing and looking to add amazing people to our team. Tens of thousands of teachers and schools across the US use TenMarks to help improve their students' math skills and confidence.
As a fast-growing company within Amazon, we look for self-starters who thrive in a quick-paced, agile environment - which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new things are a must. If you have the energy to help solve big problems in a start-up-like environment, the passion to help change the future of our country by improving education, and a can-do attitude then we would love to hear from you
As a Software Engineer in the mobile team, you will play a central role in the design and development of the TenMarks Android applications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making a positive difference, solving complex problems efficiently using technology and constantly learning plus a strong background in building best-in-class Android applications.
In this role you will:
- Play a leading role in the development of TenMarks tablet and mobile applications
- Build best in class education applications on tablet and mobile devices
- Collaborate closely with other developers, designers and educators to define innovative UI and functionalities optimized for mobile platforms
- Perform code reviews and have your code reviewed by peers
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Identify and resolve compatibility issues between the wide range of Android versions and devices
- Work with other mobile teams across the company to utilize and establish best practices for mobile development
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- BS or MS in Computer Science, other Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 1+ years of experience developing Android-based applications
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Ability to translate concept designs into user interfaces on Mobile devices
- Knowledge of Android's common software design patterns, including the ones needed to develop connected applications with high-performing UI
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Committed to test driven development
- Committed to mentoring and learning from others
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.