Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Amazon Mobile is one of our fastest growing strategic new businesses focused on mobile commerce. We build, launch and manage Amazon's business on mobile websites and apps across all smartphone and tablet platforms. Our team is responsible creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices. To do so, we build core shopping features and invent new and innovative ways for customers to interact with Amazon on their mobile devices.
We solve interesting, real-world challenges - from optimizing content for small screen sizes, developing new ways to shop using tablet computers, overcoming slow networks to inventing different ways customers can interact with mobile devices, including barcode scanning. We want to enable our customers to go from wanting a product to search, shop and buying it in 30 seconds or less! To this end, our recent launches include the Kindle Fire, Amazon Student, Windowshop for iPad, Price check by Amazon, Amazon Deals, and the award winning Amazon Mobile family of applications. And all this is just the tip of the iceberg! Many of our applications run on a range of mobile handsets and tablets including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and Blackberry.
Mobile eCommerce is one of the fastest growing segments and Amazon is well positioned to take its world class customer experience and deliver it on mobile phones and similar wireless devices. The Amazon.com Mobile Business team is leading this initiative and is building new and innovative ways for customers to shop with Amazon via their mobile device. Mobile devices expose the opportunity to provide services to customers that have not been possible previously, and Amazon aims to lead in creating these services.
Amazon.com is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer interested in developing software applications for our fast-growing mobile engineering team. The successful candidate will work in our Seattle, Washington office and be part of a global Amazon Mobile Engineering team, working internally with software engineers, program managers, and business owners. Key tasks and initiatives include: developing new and improved features for our mobile presence, building support for next-generation technologies, and taking broad ownership and involvement in the Amazon.com mobile business.
- Must have a BS in Computer Science or a related discipline or at least 3 years professional software development experience.
- Experience with Java, XHTML, and general object-oriented design and analysis is required.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver feature complete, production quality solutions is essential.
- An ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment is critical.
- Software development related to feature rich web sites with both server and client experience is ideal.
- MS degree is a significant plus.
- End-to-end system experience and ownership a significant plus.
- Strong Unix experience is strongly preferred.
- Mobile website development experience is preferred.
We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.