Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Amazon Services is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon. There are over 1.9 million merchants, ranging from students selling their text books to nation-wide retail chains, selling on Amazon's international marketplaces. Collectively, these merchants are responsible for selling about 1/3rd of all items ordered from Amazon.com world-wide. AmazonServices.com is the destination online for sellers to learn, sign-up and to grow their business with Amazon. The team is looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart software engineers. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
We need your experience and expertise to enhance the experience on Amazon seller business marketing websites worldwide. We're looking for someone with superior technical knowledge in current web development technologies. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, aggressive cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, implement new demand generation solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hard working, and who like to have fun.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 5+ years professional experience in software development working in SDLC or Agile methodologies
- Expertise in object-oriented design, data structures , algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency with an OO language (Java or C++) and design patterns
- Experience with RDBMS scaling challenges, data modeling, XML processing, SOAP, REST
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Knowledge in SQL, XML, and Web services are a plus
- Experience with Oracle databases and user interface design/development are highly desired
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility.
- Passion for intuitive user interface design and powerful user experiences
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
|Our founder Jeff Bezos established Amazon in his home garage in 1994. In less than a decade, he realized his vision of creating a destination where people can find anything they might want to buy online. Today, Amazon is a Fortune 500 company with seven global websites that offer customers an expanding selection of tens of millions of products across categories ranging from books and music to apparel and home electronics. When Bezos said that “we are a company of builders,” he really meant it. And it’s just as evident today.
|At Amazon, every employee is focused on the customer. It’s a challenging place where business and technology professionals work together to develop innovative solutions to challenging business objectives. Like you, we have an unwavering dedication to productivity, and every employee is challenged to "think like an owner." Find out where you fit in.
|There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon we offer employees the chance to work with great people, on exciting projects, with a ton of opportunity for growth.
But we also recognize that Amazonians have a life outside of work and need a break every once in a while. That's why we provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members. While the benefits may vary slightly from location to location, these are the basics for full-time, U.S. employees:
- Health Care
- Time Off
- Savings Plans
- Employee Stock
- Relocation Assistance