The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility. With 6B‚¬ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Alstom is looking for a Sales Manager for the Stockholm office
Job ID: 1011
In this role you develop the sales activities of Alstom Transport's products and services and the recognition of the Alstom Group by understanding customer needs, networking and signing profitable and solid contracts. You will report hierarchically and operationally to the Sales & Business Development Director Nordic. This position is placed in our office in Stockholm, Sundbyberg but it will require you to travel approximately 25% of your time.
- Identify and understand prospects and customers' needs and based on this develop good business cases (FIND) and finally signed contracts
- Develop a network with all stakeholders in the market
- Promote the Alstom Company and its products to the Nordic Customers in the interest of both parties
- Develop a strong network within Alstom Platforms and MPS, e.g. TIS, TGS, Services, Rolling Stock e.g. Trams, Regional, HST/VHST
- Perform Market & Customer analysis and feed that back to ATAB Strategy work
- Participate and provide inputs to Strategy review, Customer Needs Reviews, Tender Dashboard Country Business Reviews, etc
- Update the Wall.C database in accordance with internal processes
- LEAD the tender work, i.e. develop the bid strategy, tactics and the capture planning
- Prepare the commercial part of the tender in close co-operation with the Customer Director (CD) and Sales Director (SD)
- Lead and organize the tender and contract documentation in the role of tender leader
- Lead the negotiation phase with the customer in close cooperation with the SD/CD and/or prospect till contract signature.
- Prepare tender gate reviews using standard framework
- Ensure timely validation of the offer
- BS Degree in Business Administration; Economics, Marketing or Engineering equivalent
- 3-5 years proven professional experience in a similar position and/or within technical offer management
- Experience within the train industry is a plus
- Fluency in English, Swedish is a plus
- Experience of working in an international company
To thrive in the role of Sales Manager at Alstom you have a proactive attitude and are a person with strong negotiation skills who is able to adapt his/her communication to different stakeholders. You have a commercial understanding, enjoy building relationships and in the same time can present technical solutions to clients/stakeholders. You are used to work under deadlines that have to be kept. It is important that you are resilient and have a sense of urgency.
Alstom strives for diversity in which our employees background, experience, knowledge and personalities enrich the business.
Are you the right person for this job and would you like contribute in the development of an exciting environment? Then we invite you to apply for this position via the "Apply now" button latest until February 24, 2016. The applications are reviewed continuously. Please note that the position can be filled before the application deadline.
For more information please contact:
ALSTOM Sweden AB: 08-723 65 80
Magnus Klaar, Sales & Business Development Director Nordic
Merituuli Valli, HR
Banafsheh Madani, Sveriges IngenjÃ¶rer
Why Work for Us? At Alstom, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More about Alstom: www.alstom.com