Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
About Alabama A&M University :
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000, the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown Huntsville. AAMU offers its 5,500-student population a wide range of course offerings under the schools of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Engineering and Technology. The School of Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and Reading/Literacy.
This is a tenure-track faculty position in the area of civil engineering with preference to the Geotechnical Engineering field.
The successful candidate will teach general and civil engineering courses as assigned by the Program Coordinator. The selected candidates must conduct research and secure external funding, and publish research papers in scholarly journals. Other duties will include laboratory instruction, advising students, serving on departmental, school, and university committees, and participating in public service/professional activities. Professional engineering registration or significant progress towards licensure are highly desirable. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teach general and civil engineering courses as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
* Conduct research and secure external funding.
* Publish research papers in scholarly journals.
* Conduct laboratory instruction.
* Advise students.
* Serve on departmental, school, and university committees.
* Participate in public service/professional activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
* Earned a doctorate degree in Civil Engineering or a field closely aligned to the Geotechnical Engineering field.
* A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering is required.
* Professional engineering registration or significant progress towards licensure are highly desirable.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Alabama A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Alabama A&M University encourages applications for employment from persons who are members of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
* Employment Application
* Cover letter
* Unofficial transcript (if applicable)
* A list of three (3) references with email addresses and phone numbers
Already have an AAMU Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
Other Application Information:
* An appointment at the assistant professor level is anticipated, but appointment as an associate professor or professor will be considered having minimum five (5) or ten (10) years of experience, respectively and other academic and research experiences.
* The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
* For any additional information, please contact Professor Mohamed Seif @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Alabama A&M University
Alabama A&M University in Huntsville, AL is offering a new graduate space science concentration in the physics department curriculum. We are currently accepting both M.S. and Ph.D. students in this concentration and we have four research assistantships ($18,000 stipend plus full tuition) available to begin in Fall 2007. Students can choose from a range of research projects and research can be advised by AAMU faculty or scientists at our partner institutions, such as NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and the institutions that form the NSF Center for Integrated Space Weather Modeling (CISM). International citizens are eligible to apply for the assistantships. Applicants must meet the admission requirements of the department, see department website for more details.