AfterCollege believes that what's good for students is good for everyone: schools, employers, community, and other students! That’s why we not only help students find jobs & internships, but also offer scholarships to help fund their education. We have awarded more than $1,000,000 in scholarships and student activities through our program to date.
As a job and internship resource, our scholarships are for students who will be exemplary candidates in their field when the time comes to find an internship or job. This means that we evaluate applicants with the eye of a hiring manager, so: watch your grammar, check your spelling, put your best accomplishments forward and you may get paid for thinking about your future!
- Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program, working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA, PhD, MD, JD, etc.) in any discipline
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
How To Apply (Please Read Carefully and Completely):
Click the blue “Apply” button on this page. A pop-up will prompt you to either create or update your profile. Your profile serves as your application and is what the scholarship committee will review to determine the scholarship recipient. You can complete your profile step-by-step in this pop-up or access your profile anytime before the deadline to make edits.
1. Edit Your Personal Details: This is where you’ll enter your personal statement, which is the main criteria used to determine the scholarship recipient. We look for a succinct but impactful, resume-style personal statement that describes your goals and the value that you bring in an academic and/or professional context (we recommend 250 words or less).
2. Edit Your Education: Provide your school, major, graduation date and GPA.
3. Edit Your Work Experience: We don’t expect all students to have relevant work experience yet, but part-time jobs, internships and volunteer positions can help demonstrate your character, skills and strengths.
4. Edit Your Honors, Awards, And Scholarships: Showcase what you’ve already accomplished.
5. Edit Your Skills And Languages: Enter your Hard Skills (specific skills, like expertise in specific programs, typing speed, special certifications or licenses), Soft Skills (general skills, like communication, networking or time management) and any languages you speak.
5. Hit the blue “Apply Now” and check out your profile to make sure you’re happy with it.
More details on making a great AfterCollege Profile:
Official Scholarship Rules: