AfterCollege believes that what's good for students is good for everyone: schools, employers, community, and other students! That’s why we not only help students find jobs & internships, but also offer scholarships to help fund their education. We have awarded more than $1,000,000 in scholarships and student activities through our program to date.
- Open to currently enrolled students working toward a degree in a field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics from a group underrepresented in their field of study. Underrepresented groups may be defined by: gender, race, ethnic background, disability, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, nationality and other non-visible differences.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
How to apply:
1. Read these instructions all the way through, then click the blue "Apply" button.
2. A pop-up will prompt you to upload or create a resume.
* If you have a resume, go ahead and upload it! Then, go to step 3 and fill out the rest of your AfterCollege profile.
* If you don't have a resume yet:
1. Click the "Create one from your profile" link.
2. Click the “Edit profile to update this resume” link above the resume box to get to your AfterCollege profile.
3. Complete your AfterCollege profile step-by-step in the pop-up window and then hit “Send Resume” to apply. You can edit your profile up until the scholarship deadline by clicking the “My Profile” link in the upper right corner of any page on AfterCollege.
3. Complete your AfterCollege profile
AfterCollege profiles are used as criteria to select the scholarship recipient. We're primarily looking for a succinct but impactful, resume-style personal statement that describes your goals and the value that you bring in an academic and/or professional context (we recommend 250 words or less). We may also consider GPA, honors, awards, scholarships, skills and all other information provided on your profile.
Since we’re a job and internship resource, we’re looking for students who are, or will be, exemplary candidates in their field when the time comes to find an internship or job. This means that we evaluate profiles with the eye of a hiring manager, so: watch your grammar, check your spelling, put your best accomplishments forward and you could actually get paid for thinking about your future!
More on making a great AfterCollege Profile:
Official Scholarship Rules: