**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 151157BR
* *Position Title** Entry-Level Civil Engineer
* *Job Category** Engineering - Civil
* *Business Line** Water
* *Country** United States of America
* *State/Province/Region** USA - Arizona
* *City** Tucson
* *Why Choose AECOM?** AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in _Engineering News-Record_ magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by _Fortune_ magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A _Fortune 500_ firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
* *About the Business Line**
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
* *Job Summary**
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Civil Engineer for employment in the Tucson, AZ office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
Under the responsible charge of a Professional Engineer:
+ Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
+ Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
+ Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
+ Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
+ Perform hydrologic/hydraulic analysis, design calculations, and floodplain mapping for various studies
+ Assist in design of stormwater management facilities including: pipelines, detention/retention ponds, and open channels
+ Assist preparing construction specifications, design drawings, and technical reports for various projects
+ Assist researching feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications
+ Maintain various logs and databases
+ Perform field work as-needed for general civil, geotechnical and environmental projects
* *Minimum Requirements**
+ Bachelor's degree in Civil engineering or other related field required
+ Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
+ Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as CADD, HCS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models)
+ Excellent oral and written communication skills
+ Must possess a valid driver's license
* *Preferred Qualifications**
+ Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
* *What We Offer**
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
_NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:_
_Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM._
About AECOM Technology Corp.
AECOM Technology Corporation (AECOM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to government and commercial clients on all seven continents. AECOM provides planning, consulting, architectural and engineering design, and program and construction management services for a range of projects, including highways, airports, bridges, mass transit systems, government and commercial buildings and water and wastewater facilities. The Company also provides facilities management, training, logistics and other support services, primarily for agencies of the United States Government. AECOM operates through two segments: Professional Technical Services and Management Support Services. On July 28, 2008, AECOM completed its acquisition of Earth Tech, Inc., a business unit of Tyco International Ltd. AECOM also completed the divestiture of Earth Tech's Water & Power Technologies and North American Contract Operations businesses, and its Mexican operations.