Country: United States Job Function: Retail (Store)
State / Province: New York Position Type: Part time
City / Location: Elmhurst Brand: adidas
Relocation: No Selection
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we're onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There's a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren't just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Contribute to meeting or exceeding store sales and profit targets by:
• Passionately inspiring consumer loyalty to the brand
• Diligently executing store operations, with a special focus on selected functional areas
• Providing support and feedback to Retail Professionals and store management
• Be aware of store sales and KPI targets, as well as individual performance targets, take ownership over them and effectively use all available store resources to meet or exceed them
• Identify sales and KPI improvement opportunities and communicate suggestions to store management to address them and drive commercial success
• Be a role model for customer service and meeting or exceeding customers' expectations
• Be role model for cashier operations and completing sales transactions quickly and accurately while adhering to cash protection procedures
• Be a resource for Retail Professionals in dealing with complex customer service situations
• Be a Brand Ambassador, consistently exhibiting the Brand Attitude and Values
• Use advanced Category expertise to successfully meet the specific needs of even the most demanding customers
• Guide and train selected team members on basic Foundational and Seasonal Brand and product knowledge, especially in your assigned Categories (if applicable)
• Adhere to all established policies and procedures
• Supervises sales transactions to ensure quick and accurate processing while adhering to cash protection procedures.
• Process merchandise deliveries quickly and effectively, and constantly replenish merchandising fixtures to ensure the store's entire product offer is represented on the sales floor
• Complete cash register transactions quickly and accurately
• Minimize loss in the stockroom, the sales floor and the cash wrap
• Perform all store operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner
• Collaborate productively and respectfully with team members
• Make yourself available to support other team members when needed
• Complete all applicable training programs and effectively apply the learning on the job
• Seek coaching and learning opportunities to continually improve your performance
• Handle returns, refunds and exchanges and use these as an opportunity to build sales and customer loyalty and to follow retail policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experiences:
• Advanced Retail Professional Competencies
• Proficient in all Cash Handling BPs and Store Security Audit
• Skilled in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate a Brannock device.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. You must be 18 years or older.
Minimum 6 month work experience in a sports/fashion customer- and commercial-focused retail environment with
advanced selling experience and solid product, retail and industry understanding
Basic numeracy and literacy and advanced verbal communication skills
Posting Notes: Elmhurst || New York || United States || || adidas || Americas || No Selection
Adidas is a global designer, developer and marketer of athleticfootwear, apparel and accessories with the mission to be the leading sports brand in the world.