Job ID: 105354
3M is seeking Production Operators for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division located in Rockland, MA. Ready to be part of what's next?
The Production Operator will be responsible for the daily operation of various equipment, in which they will be assigned. Operator is responsible for productivity, quality of the product, operates equipment to meet or exceed targets based on job specifications and work instructions. Operator is expected to work safely, adhering to safety policies and manufacturing operating procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review Manufacturing Order schedule and prepare/plan for upcoming production runs
- Plan and execute job setup/changeovers while striving for maximum efficiency and quality output
- Master all controls and consoles related to the whole operation
- Monitor and document productivity results
- Load and unload material on and off the machine, and pack finished product per job specification
- Maintain housekeeping at machine areas according to established standards
This position will require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Short notice shift coverage
- Holidays as needed
- Working any shift available including not limited to 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift, and/or a 12-hour fixed (4 crew shift)
- Prolonged standing
- Ability to lift and handle shafts, cores, assemble boxes, and operate machinery
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Previous experience working in manufacturing
- Previous experience driving a Powered Industrial Vehicle
- Troubleshooting skills and failure recognition with equipment operation
- Familiarity with operating a computer and data entry
Location: Rockland, Massachusetts
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
You are applying for a Production Operator position at 3M Rockland. Qualified applications will be considered when Production Operator openings occur at 3M Rockland for up to one year of the posting of this requisition.
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting Notes: ||Rockland ||Massachusetts ||United States ||US Compliance Boards ||
3M Company (3M) is a diversified technology company with global presence in industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company is a primary manufacturer of products for many of the markets it serves. 3M operates in six operating business segments: industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company's products are sold through numerous distribution channels, including directly to users and through numerous wholesalers, retailers, jobbers, distributors and dealers in a variety of trades in many countries worldwide. In February 2009, the Company announced the formation of its Renewable Energy Division within 3M's Industrial and Transportation Business.