Job ID: 98846
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Associate for the Industrial Business Group located in Charlotte, NC. Ready to be part of what's next?
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow standard operating procedures to assemble, test and package products
- Follow all job safety recommendations
- Enter data into ERP systems
- Experienced in the use of hand tools, powered tools including routers, sanders, dremmel tools and measuring devices
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also to take direction from team members in a small but highly motivated manufacturing team
- Must have excellent housekeeping skills and be able to work with a very sticky Epoxy adhesive and 2-propanl without causing contamination of product, tools and equipment.
- This is in Liqi-Cels most physically demanding production area. Some of the jobs the applicant will be required to do:
- Hold one end of a 10" diameter stainless steel pipe while using a custom tool to manually push a very tight o-ring into place with the other hand
- Lift a 40" long pipe over the potting bundles
- Maneuver drum dollies containing 55 gallons of Epoxy
- Manually break loose large 1" nuts from epoxy potting molds
- Manually break loose large epoxy cartridges from the potting molds
- Maneuver 3" water lines into place during testing
- Manually slide tight plastic sleeve over large bundle diameters
- Maneuver a production cart containing 300 lbs. of product down the hallway to the other production area 150 yards away
- Work in a wet testing environment--will be required to wear water proof safety shoes
This position will require:
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Split shifts and/or a flexible work schedule
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing and/or mechanical assembly experience
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum three (3) years of mechanical assembly experience
- Previous experience using hand and/or power tools
Location: Charlotte, NC
Relocation: is not authorized
You are applying for a Manufacturing Associate position at 3M Charlotte. Qualified applications will be considered when Manufacturing Associate openings occur at 3M Charlotte for up to one year of the posting of this requisition.
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create. Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting Notes: ||Charlotte ||North Carolina ||United States ||US Compliance Boards ||
3M Company (3M) is a diversified technology company with global presence in industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company is a primary manufacturer of products for many of the markets it serves. 3M operates in six operating business segments: industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company's products are sold through numerous distribution channels, including directly to users and through numerous wholesalers, retailers, jobbers, distributors and dealers in a variety of trades in many countries worldwide. In February 2009, the Company announced the formation of its Renewable Energy Division within 3M's Industrial and Transportation Business.