Job ID: 97429
3M is seeking Supply Chain Analysts for the Optimized Operations (O2) Program. These positions will be located in Cottage Grove, Minnesota. Ready to be part of what's next?
3M Optimized Operations (O2) is a manufacturing based leadership development program, that provides recent Engineering, Supply Chain, and Environment Health & Safety graduates with a world of opportunity to jump start their careers. It includes fast paced training in Lean Six Sigma, advanced statistics, project leadership, supply chain principles, and applied learning. O2s have the opportunity to interact and network with senior leadership to make a real impact to one of our manufacturing facilities. Click on 3M O2 for more program details.
The Optimized Operations (O2) Supply Chain Analyst's role is to acquire general knowledge and understanding quickly and successfully by running a series of focused projects within the 3M manufacturing and supply chain environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in extensive training such as Lean Six Sigma, project management and leadership development, enabling them to be placed into a manufacturing location with enhanced ability to contribute quickly to process improvements that assist the entire supply chain.
- Providing leadership on assigned projects with mentoring to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordination of assigned Product Lines to meet customer demand
- Monitor inventory to ensure appropriate levels utilizing corporate supply chain tools
- Schedules procurement and manufacturing for a specified group of products
- Reviews material flow parameters such as order quantity, lot size, make cycle frequency, replenishment interval, and recommends appropriate levels to support the business/customer requirements
- Manages raw material and semi-finished inventory buffer quantities
- Monitors and reports capacity requirements, special order and stock service levels.
- The supervisor provides guidance and is consulted for assistance in problem areas and major changes to supply chain parameters
- Complete 5 weeks of O2 training and at least one O2 Green Belt project
- Must possess or be in your last year of pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations Management from an accredited university
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship, co-op, and/or industry work experience
- Previous or current 3M and/or other manufacturing intern experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic travel
Relocation: Is authorized
Do you see the world differently? Are you inspired by how a simple shift can result in big change? Do you share your ideas in the hopes of coming up with something even better by working together? Then join 3M! With 88,000 people around the world in more than 70 countries and $30 billion in sales, 3M is committed to building on our rich heritage by bringing our best to the innovations we create.
Be part of improving how people live and work every day. Be part of what's next at 3M! Go to www.3M.com/careers-O2 for more details.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Posting Notes: ||Cottage Grove ||Minnesota ||United States ||N/A ||
3M Company (3M) is a diversified technology company with global presence in industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company is a primary manufacturer of products for many of the markets it serves. 3M operates in six operating business segments: industrial and transportation; health care; safety, security and protection services; consumer and office; display and graphics, and electro and communications. The Company's products are sold through numerous distribution channels, including directly to users and through numerous wholesalers, retailers, jobbers, distributors and dealers in a variety of trades in many countries worldwide. In February 2009, the Company announced the formation of its Renewable Energy Division within 3M's Industrial and Transportation Business.