Applications must be submitted online before November 15th. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
* For full program details, application instructions, and to submit your resume online, please click the APPLY button below, which will redirect you to NSA's careers site. Job ID #1028920.
The Summer Strategic Communications Intern Program is for students enrolled in one or more of the following areas of study: writing, editing, journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising; visual arts, television production, motion picture production, or 3-D animation; museum collections management, archives or conservation areas.
This Program supports the Strategic Communications organization's role of providing accurate and timely information on NSA's signals intelligence and information assurance missions and accomplishments to a variety of audiences using state-of-the-art messaging products. Candidates will be considered for internships in one of the following areas:
- Corporate Communications, Messaging & Public Affairs (responsible for communications and major initiatives directed to both the worldwide NSA workforce and external audiences)
- Multimedia production (videography and/or animation to support corporate video production)
- The National Cryptologic Museum (projects relating to the collections or to the ongoing research interests of the curatorial staff in the museum or in the field)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance
- Applicants must have completed 2 years of study in a discipline related to the assignment of interest. Fields include ' but are not limited to ' writing, editing, journalism, public relations, marketing or advertising; visual arts, television production, motion picture production, or 3-D animation; museum collections management, archives or conservation.
- A cumulative GPA point average of 3.0 is preferred
- Must be available for an operational interview and other applicable processing between the months of January and April 2013
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs
- Students who attend schools in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD, are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA main HQs campus
About National Security Agency
The National Security Agency (NSA) is a world leader in Signals Intelligence. We carry out some of the nation’s most important and sensitive intelligence activities to secure information superiority for America and its allies.
We have two primary missions. Our Information Assurance mission is the defense: it protects U.S. information by preventing foreign adversaries from gaining access to our information systems. Our Signals Intelligence mission is the offense: collecting foreign signals and producing intelligence to give U.S. policy makers and warfighters the decision advantage. NSA also enables network warfare operations to defeat terrorists and their organizations at home and abroad, consistent with U.S. laws and the protection of privacy and civil liberties.
At the nation’s top cryptologic organization, we employ the best and the brightest, who use their intelligence to solve some of the nation’s most difficult challenges. We are also the largest employer of mathematicians in the country, as well as one of the most important centers of foreign language analysis and research.