Autodesk is undertaking a strategic initiative to improve our business customers' experience with enhanced functionality to our core services. As part of this initiative we are investing in development efforts specifically focused on platform improvements for our ITSM toolset and expanding our service offerings, along with better automation of the processes associated with those services.
As a part of this effort, Autodesk is seeking an energetic and motivated software engineer with architect tendencies to act as a principle contributor and technical lead designing and implementing new and innovative enhancements, automations and application interfaces, which will be integrated into our core ITSM toolset.
This position will be an instrumental member of a small tight-knit team developing new services, and needs to be able to work well in a global organization. We're looking for a strong technical contributor skilled in software development for scalable web services, ideally with experience in additional technologies related to ITSM.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number: Infrastructure Software Engineer-Service Now
Location: San Francisco or San Rafael
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of enhancements of Autodesk's Service-now instances. Document system and application architectures and maintain the Service-Now platform for Enterprise Information Systems (EIS).
- Design, develop, re-factor, optimize, and enhance Service-now application software utilizing Java Scripting, HTML, CSS, XML, Apache Jelly and other protocols to deliver solutions that automate and audit business processes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of EIS service offerings and business needs to ensure recommended solutions are prescribed with the intention of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of those service offerings.
- Collaboratively work with Agile/Scrum teams to develop and implement designed solutions to fulfill business requirements and test, analyze, collaborate and assist with translating those business requirements into technical requirements to ensure a smooth implementation of new enhancements, applications, modules or integrations of new services with other platforms.
- Adhere to EIS change management policies and procedures, i.e. thorough testing of changes, new applications and instance upgrades in a non-production environment prior to being released in the production environment.
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems.
- Provide advanced technical support and ownership within the overall solution to EIS and other lines of businesses as the go to person for technical guidance, design and code reviews, and problem solving. Escalate performance issues, unresolvable incidents and service interruptions to Service-now technical support accordingly.
- Partner with operations staff to develop testing and monitoring strategies and resolve defects and customer-reported issues. Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed software or feature.
- Write and maintain the application software code that conforms to best practices for collaborative design and implementation.
- Create and follow processes and procedures to ensure maintainable application development, including source code management, automated build processes and appropriate documentation
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and / or 2-5 years of experience in software development and IT Operations. 5 years of experience with IT Service Management tools & 2 years of experience with developing and administering Service Now.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, Apache Jelly, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc.), Web services (SOAP and RESTful), and Web communication protocols.
- Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements
- Experience with large scale enterprise system tuning and scalability
- Proficient with rapid development methodology (Agile/Scrum)
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control release management and deployment.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
- Experience documenting code and system processes and procedures in a clear manner.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL v3 methodologies, ITSM concepts, enterprise IT architecture, relational databases. ITIL certifications a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Service-now application platform, interfaces and ITSM processes.
- Experience working with overseas counterparts to direct their efforts in follow-through development activities a plus
- Experience in these areas is a plus: Active Directory; Single Sign-on architecture using: Digested Token, SAML 2.0. & Web Services integrations.
- Self-directed technical lead, willingness to take initiative, propose technical directions, make decisions and resolve issues
- Detail-oriented, results-oriented and pragmatic but innovative and creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly. Focused listening skills to properly determine and translate requirements.
- Energetic team player who works well with others and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
- Committed to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
- Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
- High customer service ethic, reliability, dependability, and strong motivation and a proven record in delivering exemplary customer satisfaction.
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership within projects and resolving issues proactively.
- Strong time management and communications skills are required to keep on task and work collaboratively in a team and cross-departmental environment.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, work effectively under pressure, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines or stressful conditions.
Autodesk, Inc. is a design software and services company. The Company offers products and solutions to customers in the architectural, engineering and construction, manufacturing, geospatial mapping, and digital media and entertainment markets. The Company's two-dimension (2D) horizontal design solutions include AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. In addition, it offers a range of 2D and 3D discipline-specific design and documentation tools. The Company is organized into four reportable operating segments: Platform Solutions and Emerging Business and Other (PSEB), which accounted for 44% of its net revenue during the year ended January 31, 2009 (fiscal 2009), Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), which accounted for 23% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009, Manufacturing Solutions (MSD), which accounted for 21% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009, and Media and Entertainment (M&E), which accounted for 11% of its net revenue in fiscal 2009.