Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Software Engineer Intern at RedBeacon - San Mateo, CA
Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We're figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we're growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon's mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It's a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
You will assist in the design, prototype, implementation and deployment one or more core services; the process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews.
Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
To apply for the role of Software Engineer Intern, you should have some or all of the following:
- Working towards a Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, object-oriented programming and web application design
- Some engineering experience with Python, C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Good communication and organization skills
- Paid internship with possibility of advancement.
Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages
And much more!!!!