Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
We are seeking an associate level electronic engineer that is interested in working on a small team to develop fully autonomous autopilots and light weight, low power, pan/tilt/zoom camera systems. Candidates for this position should have experience in small robotic assemblies, IMU sensors, flight control systems, strong engineering technician skills, trouble shooting, and rework. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Electrical, Mechanical and Software engineering as well as manufacturing in the production of non-standard and non-reoccurring engineering projects
- Operates as first point of contact with Manufacturing to trouble shoot engineering issues in manufacturing.
- Trouble shoot and repair to component level on SMT circuit boards.
- Design, construct and documentation of wire harness assembly for prototype builds.
- Design, construct and documentation of test fixtures to support manufacturing.
- Work with other engineers to recommend and qualify second sourcing.
Associates of Applied Science for Electronics Engineering Technology or similar 2 year technical college degree
- Minimum of 10 years working in a technology industry with 7 years working in an engineering environment.
- Previous experience and knowledge of complex electro mechanical assemblies and software based products.
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication, developing technical documentation, training programs, required.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal customers across the business unit.
Experience in the following very helpful:
- Orcad schematic, Pads circuit layout.
- Microsoft suite of software.
- Inertia Measurement understanding.
- Motion Control
- Ability to work independently
Education Associates of Applied Science for Electronics Engineering Technology or similar 2 year technical college degree
Yrs. of Experience 10-12 years
US Citizenship or Green Card Required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
About United Technologies Corporation
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) provides high technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries. It has six segments: Otis, Carrier, UTC Fire & Security (UTC F&S), Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand and Sikorsky. Otis includes elevators, escalators, moving walkways and services. Carrier includes heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment, and food service equipment. UTC F&S offers electronic security, fire detection and suppression, monitoring and response systems and services, and security personnel services. Pratt & Whitney includes military aircraft engines, parts and services, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion. Hamilton Sundstrand includes aerospace products and aftermarket services. Sikorsky offers military and commercial helicopters, aftermarket helicopter, and aircraft parts and services. In October 2008, the Company acquired Architectural Energy Corp.