Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Siemens' Industry Sector is the world's leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. With end-to-end automation technology and industrial software, solid vertical-market expertise, and technology-based services, the Industry Sector enhances its customers' productivity, efficiency and flexibility. Industry's global workforce of more than 100,000 employees, and North America workforce of more than 15,000, work across the following Divisions: Industry Automation, Drive Technologies and Customer Services as well as the Sector-led Business Unit Metals Technologies. For more information on the Industry sector, visit www.usa.siemens.com/industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
Product Engineer for Traction Power Substation - Product Engineer activities involve the design, testing at the factory and in the field for traction power substation used in the transit industry. Traction power substations include but not necessarily limited to the following elements Electrical House, AC Medium Voltage Switchgear, Transformers, Rectifiers and DC Switchgear
* The product engineer is responsible for the design of traction power systems, which may include but not necessarily limited (product selection, developing electrical schematics, bills of material, mechanical drawings, wire interconnects, test procedures/reports, and conducting tests in the factory and field)
* The product engineer will be within the engineering department and report directly to the Rail Electrification Manager
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* BS Electrical Engineering
* 2-5 years in similar role
* Travel may be required for this position up to 70% of the time
* Experience with power and control systems
* Able to work with technical specifications and drawings
* Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments.
* Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2013
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Experience with Siemens PLC /HMI applications (Simatic Step 7, WinCC Flexible)
* Experience working with industrial communication networks/protocols (Modbus TCP, PROFIBus)
*Company:* Siemens Industry, Inc.
*Division:* IC - Smart Grid - Rail Electrification
*Functional Area:* ENG - Engineering
*Location:* OR - Lake Oswego
*Req ID:* 126219
*Job Time:* Full-Time
*Experience Level:* Entry Level
*Required Education:* Bachelors Degree
*Required Travel:* 60%