Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Software Quality Assurance - Intern - (MW45027)
Job Requisition ID: MW45027
Job Title: Software Quality Assurance - Intern
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Location: Hillsboro, OR
General Position Overview
The Intern/Associate Software Quality Assurance position is our entry-level software QA position, typically targeted to new college graduates or those with minimal software quality assurance experience. The associate software tester performs maintenance and completes implementation and customization of products sold to new and existing clients and business partners. These tasks are performed under the direct supervision and guidance of their manager and more senior Testers.
The Associate Software Tester is learning the industry and Fiserv practices. This person may not have worked on shipped products before, and may have experience only in the construction phase of significant software projects. This person is still expected to be competent in software quality assurance practices. Teamwork skills are excellent.
This person will work with their manager to create a well-defined, long-term professional quality assurance plan that supports their expected progression to Intermediate and Staff Software Tester.
Scope and Accountability
This individual works under supervision with the goal of developing reliable and maintainable software while acquiring proficiency in Fiserv's software quality assurance methodologies. The Associate Software Tester should participate actively in the software quality assurance life cycle.
This individual is accountable for the quantity and quality of their work, their teamwork and internal and external customer relations, and the growth of their technical skills to match future requirements of the position.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Primarily focused on supporting the TFS implementation of test case management, and/ or other such artifacts as required by the QA team to ensure a successful TFS implementation
- Writes tests / infrastructure framework related code as directed by team lead. Is able to implement entire subsystems or feature sets with guidance. Software developed should have very few defects, should be robust in the face of environmental errors, should perform at or beyond requirements, and should be able to be understood by other Testers.
- Learns to estimate and track work. Communicates accurate status to managers and project managers.
- Coordinates work with project managers and other Testers. Develops and maintains strong relations with clients, partners, peers and other associates.
- May provide staff and clients with training and technical assistance relating to new, existing, and revised products.
- As appropriate, participates in team support process and sets the example for quality customer service.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college program, pursuing a four-year degree in software engineering, computer science, or computer engineering is preferred.
- Might have no experience in software quality assurance in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable about basic software product quality assurance/management process and software configuration management.
- Dependable and reliable, with strong teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in relevant technologies
a. Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS) - Desired
b. .Net 4.0/ 3.5or greater and strong programming skills inC#
c. IDE - Visual Studio2010 / 2011
d. Web Services
ef. RDBMS, preferablySQL Server (Desired)